Sony does not think they can meet the Blu-ray demand

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
They also think people will be lining up for the privilege of paying $600 for a PS3. They've seriously lost touch with reality.

billy p

billy p

Audioholic Ninja
Sony And Bose Electronics Both OVERRATED PERIOD!!!! What, just because they put their name on it we'll buy.

Last edited:
O

outsider

Audioholic
I think Sony overestimates the demand for Blu-ray players unless you take into account the likely demand for the PS3. Regardless of the price, people will be lined up to get one.

ht_addict

ht_addict

Audioholic
People may get lined up for the PS3 but Blue-Ray DVD players are priced at $1200CDN/$1000US. Thats a huge price to pay for a new format:confused:

Rob Babcock

Rob Babcock

I'm sure people will be lined up around the block for a $600 (or $500) PS3. I know I will be. At $400 the Xbox 360 seemed ludicrous, but they couldn't keep 'em on the shelves.

Video games aren't just kids stuff anymore.

darien87

darien87

Audioholic Spartan
$600 for a PS3!?!?!?

I didn't know they were going to be priced that high. Where the hell have I been? Geez, and I thought $200 for my PS 2 was steep. Playstations are the ONLY Sony product I'll buy. EVERY piece of electronic equipment I ever bought from them took a crap on me. I'll never buy Sony again.

M

MBauer

Audioholic
Demand, Sony and so forth

I think the PS3 will be very popular and drive demand for Blu Ray as well as computers with Blu Ray read and write capabilities. The $600? High sure, but as Rob stated the $400 for an Xbox 360 was considered absurd and they are still selling like hot cakes. I was glad to get mine at list.

As to Sony products, granted they did have a series of weak and non competitive gear (and in some areas still do) but now I think the new LCD rear projection sets, the front projectors (Ruby and Qualia anyone?) and the camcorders are damned good. Would I buy a receiver, most likely not. But all in all I think they are coming back strong. My next Sony will either be a Ruby or a hi-def camcorder, most likely not a PS3 as I am happy so far with my 360.

later, when the 1080p games are out and my Ruby is humming, well the wife will never know.....

N

naisphoo

Banned
abboudc said:
They also think people will be lining up for the privilege of paying $600 for a PS3. They've seriously lost touch with reality.
I'll be one of those lining up for the ps3...Seriously though, when you buy the ps3 you get the next-gen game console AND the blu-ray player, I think that's awsome....at that price.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
abboudc said:
i dont know what youre thinking.. 600 for a ps3 is a little expensive, but i bet these all sell out during the first few days.

they wont be able to make enough.

C

Cygnus

Senior Audioholic
jetyi83 said:
i dont know what youre thinking.. 600 for a ps3 is a little expensive, but i bet these all sell out during the first few days.

they wont be able to make enough.

Yes, and those people that buy the first ones will be dissapointed. Muchlike the people who bought the first Xbox360's...hardware/software problems galore! :rolleyes:

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
Cygnus said:
Yes, and those people that buy the first ones will be dissapointed. Muchlike the people who bought the first Xbox360's...hardware/software problems galore! :rolleyes:
Most electronic stuff is like that currently. I had my HDMI ports go out on my new Pioneer VSX-74TXVI Receiver in the first month, my new Philips 42' HD LCD Flat Panel TV had a new panel replaced because of a big white spot and now the new panel has dead pixels, and my new computer's power source fan blew out in the first 6 months. I have friends and family with many problems with their mp3 players and cell phones. Seriously, I am getting sick and tired of shelling out the big bucks for junk. Even worse is wasting your days off of work to exchange the defective item or waiting on a repair man to get it fixed when you shelled out even more money for some service plan.:mad:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis