Sony Discusses Adding Larger Drive to PS3

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Around here, I can find them cheaper than that. DOZENS of big and little computer stores. One benefit of living in a high tech area. Sony Computer Entertainment has a big office just a few miles from here, where some of the PS3 development is done.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
SATA notebook hard drives are different from ATA notebook drives.

I don't think you'll find prices lower than I stated..

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Checked the local shop on SATAs - prices were basically the same (120G - $100), but stuff goes on sale almost weekly with them, so deals can be had. Many of the largest HD manufacturers were founded and are located here in within a few miles - Western, Hitachi/IBM, Seagate, etc...

avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
For the most part HD's are the cheapest component of the ps3. Its the other factors, the ones they are talking about cutting back on, not increasing like the HD, that are the pricey ones. Sony is shooting themselves in the foot by rereleasing a weaker version to replace the original. I think its a huge mistake that will make the more powerful versions nearly obsolete by limiting what the designers can do.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
120GB SATA notebook drives run around $80 shipped online.

mikeyj92

mikeyj92

Full Audioholic
There is a *third* option ;)
Hopefully you mean PC gaming. Which I do also. ;)

If you meant Wii...well...that system, to me, is gimicky and too far below my "emotional maturity level". It holds zero interest after just a little bit, which isn't shocking since I am not in the target demographic, imo.

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
Zelda: Twilight Princess is the best game I've ever played, and I've played a lot. Super Paper Mario is a killer RPG/platformer hybrid. I've also discovered many excellent GC titles like Resident Evil 4, Eternal Darkness, Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime 2, etc.

Don't sell the Wii short. There are excellent games to be played on the system.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis