Sony Caters to iPod with Tune Tray Car Stereos

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
You know the iPod has hit critical mainstream when Sony integrates complete player compatibility into its vehicular head units. Sony recently introduced two new stereo head units, the DSX-S300BT and DSX-S200X, with built-in trays designed to fit iPods or other USB-attached media players. Rather than integrating a CD slot or external dock, the faceplate of each stereo flips down and ejects what Sony refers to as the "TuneTray" compartment capable of holding an iPod.

Discuss "Sony Caters to iPod with Tune Tray Car Stereos" here. Read the article.

Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
nice, I have seen a few companies going this route, but honestly, why not just have an external USB link only for a any type of device one would like to plug into it that becomes a HD for general storage. Its not like Sony can't just opt to navigate folders instead of using a full mechanism that is totally and completely bound to fail in the future - in which it EATS your Ipod.....

A USB connection right on the face for that matter - you can already buy 64GB usb flash drives now....

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
Is it really that hard to find a place to put your ipod while you drive? This is a dumb idea, just integrate a cable into the unit to attach your ipod to and let you control the ipod via the headunit.

I wouldn't mind a docking system that reminded me of an old 8-track, except that you fed it your iPod or iPhone instead. Would involve a fairly sophisticated set of guides so as to not damage the docking pins.

Sugarbear

Sugarbear

Junior Audioholic
I wouldn't mind a docking system that reminded me of an old 8-track, except that you fed it your iPod or iPhone instead. Would involve a fairly sophisticated set of guides so as to not damage the docking pins.
Man, that'd be super cool!

JohnA

JohnA

Audioholic Chief
It is all fun and games until the plastic gears fail on the tray and your iPod is stuck inside.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
I actually find this very troublesome. What about all the other portable devices out there? Not everyone uses an iPod. I myself have a Fuse and would like to see some deck control for those and not just the iPod.

-pat

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
I actually find this very troublesome. What about all the other portable devices out there? Not everyone uses an iPod. I myself have a Fuse and would like to see some deck control for those and not just the iPod.

-pat
Time to get up with the times. :p I don't see the usefulness in this anyway.

pzaur

pzaur

Audioholic Samurai
Time to get up with the times. :p I don't see the usefulness in this anyway.
I am up with the times! I'm actually ahead! The Fuse plays many more formats and isn't locked like the iPod. Brainwashed fools they are (iPod fanatics)!

Oh well, I guess the only use for this is to be able to see what you're picking to play. Then again, why are you messing with the dash and searching a database if you're driving! :eek:

-pat

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis