Sony BDV-E970W function issue

D

Damien72

Audiophyte
Hi,

I'm looking for help with an issue I have with my Sony home theatre system. I can't get it to play sound from the tv anymore. I click on the function button and the tv option displays on the theatre display, but no sound. The sound works fine for dvd's and cd's. (Radio doesn't work either).
Also, the main menu seems to have changed. There is no option to select tv from the main menu screen. The only options that are on menu screen are: Photo> Internet video, Music>CD>Internet Video, Video>Erase BD Data>Internet Video, Network>Internet Video & Qriocity>Internet Video.
The Qriocity option is weird, I don't recall seeing that option before.
The 'setup' menu is there as well.
I have tried resetting factory default settings with no luck. It has never been connected to the internet.
I think my 2 year old has pressed 'something' to change it, but I can't figure it out.
I hope someone can help me out with some advice so I can use the device with tv and radio again.
Thanks for your time,
Damien

D

Damien72

Audiophyte
No help? Am I in the wrong forum? Any suggestions where I might get advice?

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hard to help without knowing what "TV" is. Is it a cable box, is it OTA, how is it connected? Hometheater in a box systems can be finicky. If your menu layout looks completely different and you havent updated the firmware, I'm not sure.

D

Damien72

Audiophyte
It's a regular lcd televisio (sharp). Connected with a hdmi cable and an optical digital cable

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Check the settings in the tv to make sure it's set for optical out. What is your source for tv?

D

Damien72

Audiophyte
The source is just the digital tv free to air (through the rf aerial input). But it's the same if I play xbox, through the tv on the hdmi input...no sound

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
If you have the option on the settings menu under reset for initialize information try it also, otherwise it maybe toast

D

Damien72

Audiophyte
There was 'initialize personal information'. No noticable effect :( once I tried it

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis