Sony 4K UBP-X700 issues

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
Sorry it took me some time to reply, but I updated mine this morning and everything seems fine. I wasn't sure if you were referring back to the firmware update a month or so ago. So when I saw there was an update this morning, I knew it was a new update since thing that you were referring to. Anyway, thanks again.
Nice!, Yeah I went through like 4 of the X700's thinking maybe I'd hit one that didn't freeze up. Well no luck, I found out I had a defective GOT S8 disc. So I got the whole 8 seasons of GOT in 4K, but it still would freeze up on on GOT scene S8 of ES 3 during the battle scenes. I've come to a conclusions that it's a defective disc, it has never frozen up on any other 4K disc or just reg blu-ray disc. It's a very nice 4K player for not a lot of money. Picked up mine on sale for 179.00 plus taxes.

Last edited:
I

iFrog

Enthusiast
Nice!, Yeah I went through like 4 of the X700's thinking maybe I'd hit one that didn't freeze up. Will no luck, I found out I had a defective GOT S8 disc. So I got the whole 8 seasons of GOT in 4K, but it still would freeze up on on GOT scene S8 of ES 3 during the battle scenes. It's a very nice 4K player for not a lot of money. Picked up mine on sale for 179.00 plus taxes.
I think some of the problems I had with mine were self induced partially as well. I had another player stacked on top of the X700 and it may have caused it to get too hot, or other issues. After taking the player off and just leaving the X700 by itself on the shelf it seems to be better now. As far as standard Blu-ray, or DVDs I use MakeMKV to rip a lossless copy of the movie for use with Plex and other media solutions. I tend to care more about audio over video, however, HDR can make things look nice. if it was JUST 4K, I probably wouldn't care and stick with 1080p.

Replicant 7

Replicant 7

Audioholic Samurai
I think some of the problems I had with mine were self induced partially as well. I had another player stacked on top of the X700 and it may have caused it to get too hot, or other issues. After taking the player off and just leaving the X700 by itself on the shelf it seems to be better now. As far as standard Blu-ray, or DVDs I use MakeMKV to rip a lossless copy of the movie for use with Plex and other media solutions. I tend to care more about audio over video, however, HDR can make things look nice. if it was JUST 4K, I probably wouldn't care and stick with 1080p.
Yeah for sure, HDR, Dolby Vision sure makes colors pop. Plus as I'm sure you know, they save the best surround track for 4K disc.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis