Sony 2019 4K UHD Comparison and Overview

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Sony has announced pricing and availability information for its entire lineup of 2019 TVs. At the top of the heap is a 98-inch behemoth boasting 8K resolution and a fairly ridiculous $70,000 price tag. But the range also includes 4K OLED TVs at competitive prices, and a number of models that will support Apple’s AirPlay 2 and HomeKit protocols. Read on to get all the details and see how it fares against the competition.

Sony.jpg

Read: 2019 Sony 4K UHD TV Comparison and Product Lineup

P

ParisB

Audioholic
I can hear all the crickets...FWIW, I recently purchased a 77" A9G.

Sliiiiiick

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I think the Sony 950 series LCD models are one of the best options around for those going really big. 85" and it's a $5K MSRP, and will likely be in the wild for well under $4,000. It's not the same as OLED, which is stunning from LG and the largest sizes only come from LG, but for a bright room, the 950 series is certainly the one I would go with. I'm not saying that I'm getting overly excited about this as I already have a 85" Samsung, but I actually wish I had gotten the Sony instead and at some point the Samsung will likely be moved elsewhere in favor of a Sony.

Yes, I have a problem.

little wing

little wing

Audioholic General
I think the Sony 950 series LCD models are one of the best options around for those going really big. 85" and it's a $5K MSRP, and will likely be in the wild for well under $4,000. It's not the same as OLED, which is stunning from LG and the largest sizes only come from LG, but for a bright room, the 950 series is certainly the one I would go with. I'm not saying that I'm getting overly excited about this as I already have a 85" Samsung, but I actually wish I had gotten the Sony instead and at some point the Samsung will likely be moved elsewhere in favor of a Sony.

Yes, I have a problem.
This TV is on my short list when I plan to upgrade to a 75 inch, probably in the late fall. When it first came out it was $3300 or $3400, now it's down to roughly $2800. Interesting thing is, the TV it was intended to replace , the 900F is still at $2500. That's only a $300 difference. I wonder how much better the 950G is than the 900F.

I'm betting the 950G will drop a little more by black Friday. I've read reviews and while mostly good, they still say it suffers from inherent problems of LCD TV. I've never owned a plasma so I don't know the difference. And OLED is too expensive. Maybe it's just videophiles being picky. I don't know. But at 10 to 11 feet viewing distance, I think 75 will be fine for me. I just wonder if I should give something else a look before I buy this one..

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis