Sonos playbar Vs Sony st5000

rcapodif

rcapodif

Audiophyte
I wonder if someone can recommend me what soundbar to buy if a sonos playbar+ sub or sony ST5000.

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

Montucky

Montucky

Full Audioholic
It all depends on your priorities. If ease of use and app functionality, or whole home audio cohesion is #1, the Sonos Playbar will be the way to go. HOWEVER, if sound quality is your priority, the Sony ST5000 is hands down the better unit. I used to demo both side by side at my old store in fact. Both have their pros/cons for sure and it all just boils down to what you're trying to achieve.

One BIG plus for the ST5000 is that it has full decoding capabilities, ie DTS:X, Atmos, and all the lossless audio out there. Another nice thing is that it has HDMI inputs (3 in/1 out).

User friendliness though? Sonos is good. In fact, I recently put my aging parents into a Playbar/Sub combo and they both absolutely love it. They don't care about DTS-HD MA like I do and with that unit, they don't have to worry about switching inputs, or even turning it on. It simply always works. I've never had a phone call asking how to do ANYTHING with that product, so there's certainly some value in that for me. Haha.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis