GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
So recently, I started to get audio dropouts while streaming music from my NAS to my stereo system. Music would play for a minute or so, then there would be a dropout. If the dropout lasted more than a few seconds, it would skip to the next track. It was getting infuriating, as this was an inconsistent phenomenon. After a bit of research, I learned that other wireless devices in close proximity could interfere with the signal. Guess what - I recently purchased a wireless charger for my smartphone. I'm sure you can guess where I had placed it. So I moved it to an outlet across the room and played a couple of albums. No more dropouts!

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
So recently, I started to get audio dropouts while streaming music from my NAS to my stereo system. Music would play for a minute or so, then there would be a dropout. If the dropout lasted more than a few seconds, it would skip to the next track. It was getting infuriating, as this was an inconsistent phenomenon. After a bit of research, I learned that other wireless devices in close proximity could interfere with the signal. Guess what - I recently purchased a wireless charger for my smartphone. I'm sure you can guess where I had placed it. So I moved it to an outlet across the room and played a couple of albums. No more dropouts!
Yeah, RF can be a real PITA, especially when it's sold as "The best way to connect". It's not. Cheap HDMI cables cause a lot of problems for IR control systems, too.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis