Sometimes the logic of the financial markets eludes me

P

pewternhrata

Audioholic Chief
agree. People panic and sell to cut their losses when it's only paper loss. You only lock in the losses when you sell. I like to buy when the market goes down. I just don't have lots of free cash right now. Bummer for me.
Most ppl I know only base gains off of the dow average, but there's tons of money to be made short term when the average is dipping. Endless strategies. You nailed it with ppl selling at a loss. markets will always 'correct' themselves, some exceptions are individual company stocks that tank due to losses (typically seen in small start up businesses, but those are high risk and for short term investments) investing in disney gm ford Microsoft amazon -along the likes- are always long term gains; excellent for retirement funds. Seems some experts are iffy on Disney...its Disney, I highly doubt they go under.

Guess in short, the dow average is becoming a very poor scale for economic stability and growth.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Understanding the markets is like, pardon my sexist statement to follow, understanding women or your wife. Who knows what posses them at times.

I increased my investment in bonds when the Trumpster announced his decision to go hard after China with tariffs six months ago, come a conventional war or an open ended trade war, both of which would cripple the economy.

Plus these wild fluctuations in the stock market since the tax cut for the top 5% scare's the bejesus out of me, as a small investor.

I'll be happy to just tread water right now, while the top 5% play with their extra Monoply money they were gifted. What have they got to lose?

I'd be rolling the dice too with house money or in this case the government's money.
What did corporations do with the money saved from the tax cuts?
https://www.nbcnews.com/business/economy/what-did-corporate-america-do-tax-break-buy-record-amounts-n886621
How does that affect performance over the longer term?
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2019/08/the-stock-buyback-swindle/592774/

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
The US financial market seems to be in a constant decline, which is not a good thing. I don’t think we’ve seen such an immense crash in the market since 2008, when the world was hit by a financial recession.
Three years later....but who is doing better particularly?

H

henry67

Audiophyte
It is a complex system that is influenced by a range of factors, including economic indicators, political events, and investor sentiment.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis