yettitheman

Audioholic General
hmm. I can't see page 2.
I might after I post this message.

jeffsg4mac

jeffsg4mac

Republican Poster Boy
By the way... dude - remind me never to break into your house! :eek:
Yeah and those are just mine, My Dads and his cousins are also in the house too:D Breaking into our home would not be wise:eek:

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Considering we have one of the largest number of guns per capita in the world, our crime numbers are low, crooks think twice in Miami before breaking into a home, as 95% of homeowners are armed. Miami's past crime rap was due to cocaine cowboys and a rash of carjackings in a bad part of town that unfortunately has an airport exit that confused tourists, and landed them in the middle of Liberty City, not a nice place to be. Most gun crimes are not committed by law-abiding citizens, but a select few that will still have access to the weapons even if banned. If you expect the courts and police to protect you, good luck. The scum will always try and prey on the weaker, the gun is the great equalizer.

As for the US having an inordinate amount of "loonies," well you can argue that armed illegal political factions, terrorist groups, para-military gangs, killing hundreds of thousands around the world make our thugs look like girl scouts, they're no different than our criminals, they're illegal, breaking laws and murdering people, that they're quasi organized makes no difference, remember the mafia? So in the big picture we're still pretty civilized when compared to other parts of the world. I won't travel to South America, Jamaica or Mexico they are worse than the US in per capita crimes, Brazil is a virtual war zone. It's when it happens here, it puts us in a bad light and you know how the world feels about the US.

Last edited:
C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
The thing you have to keep in mind with a concealed weapons permit - and I do believe they stress this in the classes, is that it only takes a second for the tables to turn. You don't ever pull out your firearm without the explicit intention of using it, and you have evaluated that your life is in danger if you don't. I've had cop friends of mine tell me the same thing. The last thing you need in a situation where an attacker (who may not even be armed), is to get control of your own weapon and use it against you.
This is very true. Don't pull it out unless you plan on pulling the trigger.

This thread has gone off topic, but I think it went to an important one. I'm so happy to see others on here are taking advantage of their right to protect themselves, and it seems that it's becoming more accepted even among people who don't own guns yet.

I carry the H&K USP45 Compact Tactical .45ACP the most (the black one with the threaded barrel). I have that gun on me as often as I have my wallet.

(That's a cell phone picture. I can't believe how good of pictures cell phones take now, I had to size that thing down!)

We should start a gun/concealed carry thread!! I'm about to do an AR-15 build after I have the money together, but that won't be until the fall.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I'm about to do an AR-15 build after I have the money together, but that won't be until the fall.
Great project. But get that receiver and some mags before they're banned by Pelosi, Clinton, et al. :cool:

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, well.

Here is MY next gun purchase. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
Great project. But get that receiver and some mags before they're banned by Pelosi, Clinton, et al. :cool:
Yeah, I'm going to buy three lower units soon and a bunch of mags (a gun show in March I'm going to). Then, I'm going to actually build one in the fall, which is when I'll have enough money. From the looks of it, including the lower unit, it will probably cost me 600-800 bucks. I'm still searching for what parts to buy though. I want to buy a blank barrel and do my own threads (I also want to thread it for a silencer as well).

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief
The HK is an amazing pistol.
Thanks! Yeah, it was expensive, but I love it. I highly recommend it.

Wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_&_Koch_USP#HK_USP_Compact_Tactical

I carry it using Thunder Wear. As tacky as the name is, I swear by it as a holster for anyone who has an active lifestyle and/or job.

http://thunderwear.com/holsters.asp

It's nice because the weight of the gun is supported by the straps, unlike a regular holster where the weight of the gun is supported by your belt. This allows me to wear mesh-shorts, jeans, whatever, and still be comfortible.

Last edited:
yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
Thanks! Yeah, it was expensive, but I love it. I highly recommend it.
I've had the pleasure of having one for a month or so...it was a very nice and controlled gun. Makes Kimber .45's seem... old. :D

yettitheman

yettitheman

Audioholic General
This will be next gun purchase. http://www.springfield-armory.com/armory.php?version=57 I had one before and loved it. My favorite rifle of all time.
It's definetly a beast to shoot :D :D Me and some buddies went down about an hour away to a range where they knew one of my friends, and he happened to bring his M-1... holy crap. I shot it last in the day, and thank God I did! Only able to get off 5 rounds (but I was firing everything from highly modified SKS'es, .357's, 9mm's, a Kimber .45, double barrel 12 gauge, .380 Auto) lots of shooting that day :D

C

cbraver

Audioholic Chief

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis