Something to Smile about in these Difficult Times. A Couple of Gems from Alma.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Alma Deutscher who now lives in Vienna has composed a couple of amusing little waltzes that contain puzzles. It is Beethoven's 250th anniversary year. This has been knocked off the calendar this year by the pandemic. So she has written for, and plays for us two charming little Waltzes. They contain within them some of Beethoven's themes for you to spot. This is difficult as they often over lap and sometimes three wound round each other. I think she is the first composer since J.S. Bach who can make so many themes play concurrently. This are really skillfully composed. I am sure fully orchestrated versions will follow. The music halls of Vienna are begging her for more waltzes like her Siren Sounds Waltz.

M

Mr._Clark

Audioholic Samurai
Alma Deutscher who now lives in Vienna has composed a couple of amusing little waltzes that contain puzzles. It is Beethoven's 250th anniversary year. This has been knocked off the calendar this year by the pandemic. So she has written for, and plays for us two charming little Waltzes. They contain within them some of Beethoven's themes for you to spot. This is difficult as they often over lap and sometimes three wound round each other. I think she is the first composer since J.S. Bach who can make so many themes play concurrently. This are really skillfully composed. I am sure fully orchestrated versions will follow. The music halls of Vienna are begging her for more waltzes like her Siren Sounds Waltz.

That is truly amazing. I hope she does not allow herself to be influenced by those who prefer ugly music.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Beautiful music comes from inspiration whereas ugly music doesn't have it as a source.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
That is truly amazing. I hope she does not allow herself to be influenced by those who prefer ugly music.
She won't, she has used too many fight'n words for that. She is fearless, and can really dish it out. More about that later.

Bucknekked

Bucknekked

Audioholic Samurai
What a marvelous thing it is that Alma exists in the modern world. She not only creates music from another time and place but there are orchestras who will play it and patrons who will come and pay to listen and cheer. She reminds me that skill still matters. She brings forth truly beautiful music. I am a rank beginner in this genre, but I can appreciate this modern musical gem.

F

flippo

Full Audioholic
I listened to her Piano Concerto a littlw while ago and really enjoyed it.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis