Something similar to Denon 3700?

T

TheTallOne89

Audioholic Intern
So I got my new Martin Logan Motions, and they are awesome, but I am currently running them with my old Onkyo TX-NR656 at the moment, because the Denon 3700 that I ordered is MIA. As far as I can tell, there is no clear movement on when they might be available/shipped again.

I can wait, of course, but I figured I would ask: are there any similar-priced receivers that have the same or comparable features to the Denon 3700? The most important things for me are I need 9 channels and would like 11, I am looking forward to Audyssey, although only because I have heard good things, not because it has to be Audyssey, and I like that it has one 8k port just in case that ends up mattering eventually. There are other things I like but those are the main points.

Looked at the Denon 4700 as well (which seems to be in stock although who knows) but it seems like it doesn't really offer much more for the expense.

Anyway, like I said, I can wait, but if there is a comparable receiver out there for similar price, I am not picky on brand, so I thought I'd ask.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
So I got my new Martin Logan Motions, and they are awesome, but I am currently running them with my old Onkyo TX-NR656 at the moment, because the Denon 3700 that I ordered is MIA. As far as I can tell, there is no clear movement on when they might be available/shipped again.

I can wait, of course, but I figured I would ask: are there any similar-priced receivers that have the same or comparable features to the Denon 3700? The most important things for me are I need 9 channels and would like 11, I am looking forward to Audyssey, although only because I have heard good things, not because it has to be Audyssey, and I like that it has one 8k port just in case that ends up mattering eventually. There are other things I like but those are the main points.

Looked at the Denon 4700 as well (which seems to be in stock although who knows) but it seems like it doesn't really offer much more for the expense.

Anyway, like I said, I can wait, but if there is a comparable receiver out there for similar price, I am not picky on brand, so I thought I'd ask.
If you want 8k and 11 channel processing, you may have to wait for the 3700 or pay more for the 4700 or sr6015 or 7015.

T

TheTallOne89

Audioholic Intern
Yeah that seemed to be the case—just wanted to see if maybe I was missing something. Thanks!

T

TheTallOne89

Audioholic Intern
So it seems that a local Best Buy has a Denon 4700 open box, and I could (probably) get it for about $1300, which is not much more than the 3700 would be, assuming I wait for it. I asked about the reason for the return, and assuming it is in good shape and the previous owner just didn't like it for whatever reason, I am wondering if this is a reasonable option? I have heard bad things about buying receivers that are not brand new, basically because you just never know if something was wrong with them, but I'm not sure.

Anyone else bought used/open box receivers, possibly want to scare me off of considering this?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis