something of . . . an introduction of a audiophyte/audiophile/audiomaniac. hah

T

thegreatandi

Enthusiast
I am new to the website and thought i should at least ask at least one hard audio question. Personally I only care about audio in music just because movies are only important normally for the words and horror fake screams right? i don't know if the fake screams are true, but wouldn't that produce a bad sound or fake sound if you had some high definition speakers, real against fake which would truly have the better sound quality? would even the person's scream be able to tell if it was a long pre-recorded version from the 60's instead of the sound from a more modern and truly horrified person? god, Audio!

well that isn't my big question and idk where the technical support forum is here, but here it goes.
I have always word over the head headphones and of course I have learned a few of the audio improving tweaks and terms (or is it called lingo? ?)
I have had always tried to buy the best bass headphone i could afford, but later i realized I didn't have an equalizer so i really wasn't getting the bang of my buck (headphone specs say this, but I am only getting to about half of it's potential) I stuck to mp3's with equalizers for awhile until i got a couple of equalizer apps and audio players for my phone.
recently, and before, I have (I must have) hearing issues because I can't tell if the bass is right... I can arrange the vocals and instruments good if not perfect for the song even though I wish i could get basically the " in the room feeling. " I just wanted some people's advices for specifically over the head headphone people, but I always love to talk about bass.

btw i have gone to a couple of various different concerts to see if the bass there would more match the bass that headphones should reproduce, because I believe car audio shouldn't be considered as it seems that car audio would make it feel that it is best effective just for the car kind of enviorment and my head definetly isn't like a car... honestly I don't think home audio systems can be it, because though you can arrange it to be like the sound is right there directly at your ear and ear drum and wrapped around your head feeling, i also feel that it can't be the best match because it is weak?? haha

The concerts were like I am going to play this music and get this sound as far away as i can, even if you are right next to me. I loved to be right there at the speakers when everyone would say it is too loud or they couldn't take it. to me it seemed peaceful and quiet, of course i was deaf when I left the concert haha. only other time that happened was in a similiar and shorter time way of my home audio. car audio does it, but I freakin hate it. it feels like a freaking train is running through my head and it doesn't know how to shut up or how to not screech the brakes, though the actual feeling i feel is entirely different, it it just a feeling of unwanted deafness and other sad audiophile moments for me. The best however comparrison to great and happy deafness from concerts was of course awesome headphones, super audio tweaking, and extra effects from headphones and the small connection AMPs, but i have problems with figuring out the Freaking Bass Feeling ! ! ! ! any help would be appreciated. :):):)

T

thegreatandi

Enthusiast
btw i already know of some of my minut spelling errors, thanks if noone disses me that huge about that. thanks and if anything is confusizin, ask:):):)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
You'll probably find some decent headphones for whatever your budget at accessories4less. Though if you're skeptical of sales writeups, your best bet might be to find a local audio store and demo some. Maybe find a Musician's Friend and demo their studio monitors. The bass might not be obviously in your face saying "Look what I can do! Look what I can do!" But bass that properly balances with and supports the mid-range can be very satisfying, and conducive to long hours of listening without fatigue or headache. A proper flat response might be just what you didn't know you wanted. And once you avoid boomy bass, you begin to hear overtones the bass covered up before.

That's not to mean you should avoid headphones with good bass response. Only that thick bass isn't what makes good headphones good.

Don't rest your entire decision on published frequency response or sensitivity. Big Lots headphones are often 20-20,000Hz. But at what drop-off? 3dB? 6dB? Inaudible? For the most part, you get what you pay for.

You might also consider adding a tube headphone amplifier to warm up the sound.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

T

thegreatandi

Enthusiast
I just need btetter bass hadphones

I heard of a lot of good high end headphone companies, and some have amps already installed. I know that bass can null out some of the other instruments, but bass is all i really care about and not the choir that is singing alongside the main singer honestly haha. if the lead singer was good enough i hope i wouldn't care that i couldn't hear the choir or other not soo important sounds.

I have messed with equalizers on top of equalizers that make each frequency to the point it is the easies thing to hear, but what bass does completely astonishes me. I don't literally know why bass is soo important in music nowadays or why it first became an importance in music orignally, but i love it and need unmeasureable amounts of it to be satisfied.

amps, equalizers, and noise cancelling surround sound and sound that is good and bass is all i care about. all of a song is important for me, that is why i didn't ask for a headphone that wouldn't at least have a worse sound than I already have.

I have a set of Sony bass headphones right now, because the company has a good customer support. I saw some people in other threads saying they wouldn't buy Beats Dr. Dre headphones because of whatever reason and i kind of have my own reasons as well. I have also tested a few of them as well.
I want a high end headphone, but i dont prefer bose or this one other mediocre headphone company. they have great plans, but not my preferred style.

Just looking for some awesome over bass headphones just so i can feel my body trembling instead of just a headache. by the way I never had a headache from bass or music before. well maybe just 1 or 2 songs ( brittney spears or justin beiber, maybe even the new justin timberlake's song ARGH. i am pretty sure that guy's music has given me a headache x.x)

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
I know what you mean about Justin Timberlake giving you a headache. How can anyone capable of such a fat groove sing such ludicrous lyrics? Who the hell would wear a suit and tie to a dance club? If I did that, I'd be all like, "Check me out ladies. I'm a dumbass who over-dresses for athletic activities. Check out my sweaty stains."

Brain hurts.

Sent from my LG-VS980 using Tapatalk 2

T

thegreatandi

Enthusiast
well thank god there is only one of him right? haha.
unfortunally there a few new genres or singers that make ludicrous music that tortures myself and possibly other audiophtes/audiophiles/audiomaniacs with their terrible blend of lyrics, vocals, and instrument combinations... one that i truly hate as well is the new what does the fox say and quite a few songs from IDGAF?? but justin ranking in one of the top spots for my will never listen to music

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis