Someone please help me Denon and B&W

B

Big C Da Rolla

Audiophyte
Okay so over the past 8 years of buying gear I have listened to one person and on person only. This person also happens to be a good friend and a friend that has sold me 50% of my gear. I have a Denon AVR 1604 Reciever right now and a Denon LCR 60 center... I am contiplating buying 2 B&W DM 602 S3's right now for really cheap beand new... I want to know If My Denon has enough Juice to power the DM 602's? I will also be running a Yamaha amp and 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's as well... Is My Denon enough to power the 3 B&W'S

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Big C Da Rolla said:
Okay so over the past 8 years of buying gear I have listened to one person and on person only. This person also happens to be a good friend and a friend that has sold me 50% of my gear. I have a Denon AVR 1604 Reciever right now and a Denon LCR 60 center... I am contiplating buying 2 B&W DM 602 S3's right now for really cheap beand new... I want to know If My Denon has enough Juice to power the DM 602's? I will also be running a Yamaha amp and 2 Paradigm Monitor 9's as well... Is My Denon enough to power the 3 B&W'S
Do you mean B&W LCR 60? Anyway, yes the Denon should be able to handle the 602s with out a problem since their nominal impedance is 8 ohms. However on some frequencies they may dip down to 3ohms, so if you plan on listening at high levels for extended periods of time, you may want to keep an eye on how hot your Denon gets to determine weather or not you are driving it to hard, but this really shouldn't be a problem.

kay

kay

Audioholic
I'm driving a pair of 603's with an AVR-2105 for what it's worth. I've never felt the need for more power (partly because I have a medium-sized room, partly because I have neighbours :( ). I'm fairly sure the 602's + LCR60 will work just fine, especially if you add an active sub into the mix you really won't be needing more power.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis