soliloquy, aad speakers

J

jbw

Audiophyte
Very little info online concerning these speaker manufacturers. Anyone auditioned their models (specifically towers). One online site (retailer) stated they were no longer in business???

S

sjdgpt

Senior Audioholic
Their website is up and running:

http://www.solspeak.com/

Doesn't seem to have been updated since the last time I was on the site about 5 or 6 months ago, so I don't know how active the company is, or isn't.

I heard some Soliloquy's bookshelf speakers many years ago connected to a Bryston amp. I went to hear the Bryston. I remember the Soliloquy's as being very clean, maybe a tad bright (bad room accoutics ... glass walled dealer demo room), very strong powerful midrange and surprisingly good/deep bass coming from a bookshelf speaker. Great build quality.

PS: Really good bass from a small twoway bookshelf, I asked what brand of sub was being used.

Would I buy Solioquy for the sound quality? You bet. And the audiophile 'rags seem to glow about the speakers, as well as some of the consumer reviews http://audioholics.audioreview.com/

But, a limited dealer network and a small company means that my money would usually get spent elsewhere.

A

asathor

Extra conversions are bad.

If you can go digital all the way digital speakers make sense, if if you can't they don't have any particular advantage.

Speakers are analogue and need current - old fashined ampd are very good at that.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
Digital Speakers.....?

I don't remember the last time I saw a speaker being fed a signal through a toslink or digital coaxial...I didn't know that a none converted S/PDIF signal could drive a speaker...I must really be behind the times...

J

jbw

Audiophyte
Nibhaz, Asathor

Solspeak.com, AADSound.com; visit the sites. Future advice-attempt to understand a question prior to providing an answer.

nibhaz

nibhaz

Audioholic Chief
I understood your question...looking for opinions and information on a particular product is a pretty common question...not hard to wrap the old brain around. I did check the website before I posted (to make sure they didn't have some kind of self powered monitor with DACs) and I wasn’t trying to give you advice. My post was a sarcastic jab at the advice given to you by the previous poster, not something to be taken serious. Lighten up!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis