SOLD: [USA, CA, SF Bay Area] Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE L/C/R with matching pedestal stands

choombak

choombak

Audioholic Intern
*** SOLD ***

Up for sale today are three legendary speakers from Ascend Acoustics, along with the pedestal stands for left and right speaker. Some history and info about the speakers:
  • Purchased about 6 years ago directly from Ascend Acoustics, and I am the first and only owner. CMT-340SE mains (L and R) and center.
  • They have been well cared, and have no dings/dents/chips/gouges/rips/tears etc., apart from the usual dust accumulation (that will be thoroughly cleaned).
  • Never played loud or at reference levels, these were my primary living room set, typically used for TV. I have Rythmik sub, so they were set to small.
  • Cosmetically they are in excellent condition, and do not show any signs of age. Never dropped, banged, or carelessly handled, so you can be sure of the quality.
Asking $600. I am willing to split the speakers, but would ideally like to sell them as a set. Prefer local pickup as I no longer have the boxes. I am in Fremont, CA (94555), and open to driving around the San Francisco Bay Area.

To those who haven't heard about Ascend Acoustics -- they are one of the best speaker dollar-per-dollar that you can buy. Look around this forum and search for Ascend Acoustics CMT-340SE.

Anything else, either PM me here or email choombak AT gmail DOT com. Thanks for your interest.

asc11.jpg

asc21.jpg

asc31.jpg
asc41.jpg

asc51.jpg

Last edited:
ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Good luck on the sale!

Just curious... why selling? :)

Cheers!

choombak

choombak

Audioholic Intern
Good luck on the sale!

Just curious... why selling? :)

Cheers!
Have JBL 570 for L/C/R duty now. Better for someone else to enjoy the Ascends' than remain in my garage accumulating dust. :)

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Have JBL 570 for L/C/R duty now. Better for someone else to enjoy the Ascends' than remain in my garage accumulating dust. :)
Very cool...
I think you and I may have chatted a few years back when I was shopping for my gear in 2018. :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just curious how you accommodated a "tall" center now but not before? If I were still in the bay area I'd be tempted to take these off your hands just because I never played with the 340SEs (do have some other Ascends).

choombak

choombak

Audioholic Intern
Just curious how you accommodated a "tall" center now but not before? If I were still in the bay area I'd be tempted to take these off your hands just because I never played with the 340SEs (do have some other Ascends).
See that 502c perched on top of the fireplace? That's where the CMT-340SE center was. I am still experimenting with 520c and 570, though I like the fullness and clarity from that vertical center so far. :)

center.jpg

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Some interesting speaker "stands" you got going there :) I have the 520 too, was using it with 590s up front, no room for a standing speaker really, except perhaps a bookshelf. Was able to pick up an Infinity RC263 for cheap last year and I put it in place of the 520, moved the 520 to another system. I'd love 590s across but...don't want to mount the tv high up in the living room.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Hockey pucks!

CMT340s are some decent speakers and good price. GLWS.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis