SOLD - Sony STR-DN1080 7.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater AV Receiver

Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
Looking to part with my Sony STR-DN180. Original owner (purchased 2018) and it has always run great. I was running 5.1.2 Atmos. I don't have the original box/paperwork - just what is shown in the photos (AVR, calibration microphone, and remote - all work fine). Looking to get $225 (retails for about $500). Thanks for looking. If interested I can send additional photos. Thanks! Tony

Local to Los Angeles if interested for in-person sale.

-----
Added photo of manuals (to be included as well).

Sony 2.jpeg
Sony 1.jpeg
Sony calibmike.jpeg
Sony_manuals.jpeg

Last edited:
mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Are you sure you want to get rid of it instead of making a little garage system or something

Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
I considered that but really have no place for it. I actually have another older AVR that I'm using in separate location. The Sony will probably be collecting dust so hopefully I can recoup some cash.

carlthess40

carlthess40

Audioholic
How does the Sony compare to a denon avr-2200 or 2300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
How does the Sony compare to a denon avr-2200 or 2300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I ended up moving to a Denon X3700H. It was a pretty big jump as I went from 5.1.2 to 5.1.4 (and added an amp - see my other post if you want a chuckle about ground loop hum). In any case the Sony worked great but the Denon was for sure a noticeable upgrade - in performance and the interface. I thought the Sony setup was pretty straightforward. I generally just wanted something with pre-outs and something that could support 5.1.4 (or up to 11 channels).

D

depechefan

Audioholic
Used to have the Sony. It's great and pretty much the only receiver which can natively play DSD multichannel over network... So maybe worth keeping for that reason :)

J

JanaW

Audiophyte
Looking to part with my Sony STR-DN180. Original owner (purchased 2018) and it has always run great. I was running 5.1.2 Atmos. I don't have the original box/paperwork - just what is shown in the photos (AVR, calibration microphone, and remote - all work fine). Looking to get $225 (retails for about $500). Thanks for looking. If interested I can send additional photos. Thanks! Tony

View attachment 41924View attachment 41922View attachment 41923

View attachment 41924View attachment 41922View attachment 41923
If this is still available I will take it. My son wants one for Christmas. I will provide you with a shipping label and send you my address. jana@alamoplating.com

J

JanaW

Audiophyte
@Tony Cardenas Be careful the last text is a email address that I have never seen before, plus it's a .com. AH has been getting hit with a lot of Scammers and Spammers.
I am not a scammer or spammer. I'm a mom on a budget and can't afford a new one. I saw this on a google search and just joined. Sorry I don't know the protocol. I wasn't even sure I was asking the right way.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
I am not a scammer or spammer. I'm a mom on a budget and can't afford a new one. I saw this on a google search and just joined. Sorry I don't know the protocol. I wasn't even sure I was asking the right way.
Okay, I'll delete my post my bad anyways maybe send a inbox message to the OP. Welcome to AH!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Okay, I'll delete my post my bad anyways maybe send a inbox message to the OP. Welcome to AH!
That you'd not heard of an email address at Alamo Plating & Metal Finishing would be unusual to you? :)

Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
Thanks everyone - I contacted the interested party - I'll post back if the sale goes forward.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
That you'd not heard of an email address at Alamo Plating & Metal Finishing would be unusual to you? :)
Nope never heard of it Chris, AH has been get hit with spam lately which isn't unusual this time of year.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
You need help with any other budget Audio gear (speakers, cables, ect) don't hesitate to post

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Nope never heard of it Chris, AH has been get hit with spam lately which isn't unusual this time of year.
It's just a company specific email that many employees would have at a given company. Nothing unusual at all about it.

Tony Cardenas

Tony Cardenas

Junior Audioholic
Going to mark this sold as of now - interested party will take it. Thanks everyone for looking - I really appreciate it.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
It's just a company specific email that many employees would have at a given company. Nothing unusual at all about it.
Sure it's a company email address just never heard of that company before. What's your point Chris?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Sure it's a company email address just never heard of that company before. What's your point Chris?
You think you've heard of every company? Did you go look at their website for some idea of what it was? I think they may have chromed some wheels for me some years back.....

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis