SOLD: Marantz MA500 Mono Block Amplifiers - Quantity of 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
4 - Marantz MA500 Mono Block Amplifiers

Price: $159 EACH + Shipping from 46970 no handling fee

I have 4 Marantz MA500 THX certified mono block amplifiers. Each one is in excellent condition and they are also in perfect working order. I would give them a 9/10 on the audiogon scale, they are pretty much pristine! Each amplifier has its original box and packing materials as well, ensuring safe arrival.

Each amplifier delivers 125 watts RMS @ 8 ohms (20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.05% THD) and 180 watts RMS @ 4 ohms (20 Hz - 20 kHz 0.09% THD). The MA500 is a very versatile amplifier because of its small size and high output capability. Inside is housed a very reasonably sized transformer, two 10,000uF Elna audio grade capacitors, and 4 heavy duty output transistors. If you get a 5th MA500 you're looking at 100,000uF total capacitance!

Another great feature of these compact wonders is their capability to be paired for bridging (please observe the diagram below). Bridged the power output can reach 360 watts @ 8 ohms continuous power! Marantz also claims a dynamic peak of 500 watts @ 8 ohms and 600 watts at 4 ohms when the amplifiers are bridged.

Dimensions - W/H/D 3 5⁄16” x 5 1⁄2” x 17 3⁄4”

Weight - 14 pounds each.

Last edited by a moderator:
Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
If you purchase in pairs I'll do $129 each! Total per pair - $258 + Shipping

If you purchase all 4 amplifiers I can do $115 each! Total for all 4 - $460 + Shipping

Remember, I have all the boxes and packing materials and these amps are virtually mint!

Internal shot (2 - ELNA 10,000uF 71v capacitors, translates to lots of headroom)...

Bottom shot (heavy duty Toshiba transistors)...

Last edited by a moderator:
washburn

washburn

Audioholic
Can that "Invert Out" jack be used to drive a subwoffer (to be used with RCA Line level jacks of the sub?)
Can this only drive 8 ohm speakers? (Back panel has no 4 ohm designation for speakers ???)

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
All Marantz amps state 6 Ohm minimum, but I was using these for years with my 4 Ohms speakers without issue. They are solid little amps.

washburn

washburn

Audioholic
Thanks.
This ones states 8 ohm min., not even 6, that's why I was wondering..

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
The inverted output is meant for bridging with another MA500. Because the output is inverted, it would not produce a desired effect for subwoofer use unless the subwoofer has an invert polarity switch (a very rare feature on a subwoofer). You could custom make a set of cables to be inverted, that would be the cheapest route.

These amplifiers are 4 ohm stable, as specified by the user manual and other literature.

J

jostenmeat

Audioholic Spartan
Man, your place seems to be a revolving door for audio gear!

What are/were the items that you do not ever want to let go of if at all possible, and which items were the ones you just couldn't get rid of fast enough? (Or perhaps I should assume you do your due diligence before buying anything . . .)

Why am I bothering you in your classified? Hm, sorry.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Man, your place seems to be a revolving door for audio gear!

What are/were the items that you do not ever want to let go of if at all possible, and which items were the ones you just couldn't get rid of fast enough? (Or perhaps I should assume you do your due diligence before buying anything . . .)

Why am I bothering you in your classified? Hm, sorry.
I bother him in classifieds too lol. I asked for pictures of every piece of equipment he has, but its a no go so far :D

Oh, and I want these cause they look awesome, but I don't have the money for them because my disposable income is going to a HTPC :p

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
I bother him in classifieds too lol. I asked for pictures of every piece of equipment he has, but its a no go so far :D
When did you ask me that? If you did, I probably thought you where joking since I do take pictures of virtually every piece of equipment I get.:D

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
When did you ask me that? If you did, I probably thought you where joking since I do take pictures of virtually every piece of equipment I get.:D
I request full pictures and information on every piece of home audio equipment you have.
It was in the h/k cd player thread :D

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Well, like I said, I take pictures of virtually everything I get. What more could you possibly want?

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Would 1 of these work with an RBH in-wall sub?
Each driver appears to be independant (hence the 2x8ohms indication). Two amps would probably be required, and if it needs only one amplifier you could also bridge two amps together.

I'd rather sell these as pairs or all together to be perfectly honest with you. You'd have to twist my arm to sell them as singles (hence why I did the price adjustment for buying them as a pair or all 4. I don't want to be stuck with 3 of these or heaven forbid, one of these.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Each driver appears to be independant (hence the 2x8ohms indication). Two amps would probably be required, and if it needs only one amplifier you could also bridge two amps together.

I'd rather sell these as pairs or all together to be perfectly honest with you. You'd have to twist my arm to sell them as singles (hence why I did the price adjustment for buying them as a pair or all 4. I don't want to be stuck with 3 of these or heaven forbid, one of these.
or you could wire them in parallel since these amps are 4ohms stable and each sub is 8ohms. owning a piece of marantz equipment i would say it can handle pretty much anything you throw at it if their quality is consistent, i have driven 2ohm loads at high volume with my marantz receiver i have with no issues.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, these need to sell pronto. Make me an offer and I'll see if I can make it work.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Ok, these need to sell pronto. Make me an offer and I'll see if I can make it work.
I'm dropping the price to $400 for all the amps, let's get this show rolling!

I'm also going to list them on audiogon. Whoever gets it first!

Status
Not open for further replies.
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis