G

<font color='#000000'>One thing I do notice about the latest and greatest units is the serial port. &nbsp;The idea being &quot;free upgrades&quot; &nbsp;which is very misleading (or so I think).

As you are lead to believe when bigger and better format &quot;X&quot; comes out you will be able to just hook up to your computer and download it, which almost never the case.

This because A) that's a great way to market &quot;new&quot; products, and B) I do believe the DSP modes supported are hardcoded into the processors. &nbsp;Which is why there are so many different DSP chips used in the audio market.

Now if you look at from the Bill Gates point of view free upgrades are bug fixes, which I'm all for. &nbsp;But the only guy who seems to put &quot;free upgrades&quot; for download on his website is Bob Carver (that I can find anyway). &nbsp;Kudos to Bob

If you know of another vendor with a ftp or http link I'd like to know about, as bug fixes are a good thing, and a manufacture who releases &quot;free upgrades&quot; is one that I'll want in my next system.

Sorry for the long post
Rob</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Lexicon Does free upgrades, just saw that now. &nbsp;The MC12 uses Cirrus Logic procesors too. &nbsp;Well not really Cirrus Logic, &nbsp;more like Crystal processors (a company Cirrus logic bought, not that it matters).</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis