Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Calling @William Lemmerhirt, @lovinthehd, @panteragstk, @NINaudio and @}Fear_Inoculum{! (I know I'm forgetting a couple more...)

So I fairly recently discovered these guys and I'm really digging their first album, "Cognitive". They're a prog metal outfit and each member is very talented with their respective instruments. A bit of a supergroup if you will, with former members of Opeth, Death, Testament, Sadus and Willow. They're heavy and dynamic but also melodic and musical with intricate patterns and odd time signatures. In that respect one can't help but notice some similarities to Tool (there it is! :p ), but they're not straight clones and have their own sound.

Those are all off their first ep, "Cognitive". Any of you guys familiar with the group? What do y'all think?

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Will definitely try this out! I was into testament for awhile. I was really surprised to find out Alex Skolnik had a Jazz outfit, and contributed to a lot of other recordings. Amazing guitar player. I know a little opeth too.
Gotta hit WIKI now lol.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Will definitely try this out! I was into testament for awhile. I was really surprised to find out Alex Skolnik had a Jazz outfit, and contributed to a lot of other recordings. Amazing guitar player. I know a little opeth too.
Gotta hit WIKI now lol.
They don't sound anything like Testament. They're definitely prog metal, but have slower, melodic stuff too. Closer to Tool than Testament.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
They don't sound anything like Testament. They're definitely prog metal, but have slower, melodic stuff too. Closer to Tool than Testament.
Lol. I picked that up from your original description. I was just saying…
My son is here from school. I’ll dive into this once he heads back today.

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
@Pogre

Dl'd all 3 albums on Spotify. That first video you posted, I watched about half of it and I dig the sound so far.

Cheers

}Fear_Inoculum {

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
@Pogre

Dl'd all 3 albums on Spotify. That first video you posted, I watched about half of it and I dig the sound so far.

Cheers

}Fear_Inoculum {
So far I think Cognitive is their best album. At least it's the one I've listened to most. I think they've swapped out some members over the years, but the first album is with the og members.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Sorry poges, Side road…
My son and I listened to the blacklisted Metallica tribute last night. I tried some tracks by artists I knew when it first launched, but we went through the whole thing. 53 contributing artists I believe. That was pretty fun.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Sorry poges, Side road…
My son and I listened to the blacklisted Metallica tribute last night. I tried some tracks by artists I knew when it first launched, but we went through the whole thing. 53 contributing artists I believe. That was pretty fun.
Metallica Blacklist Tribute album?! Do tell!

Actually I just Googled it so I know now, but you're the first I heard of it! Is it any good? It looks like it could be pretty good!

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Metallica Blacklist Tribute album?! Do tell!

Actually I just Googled it so I know now, but you're the first I heard of it! Is it any good? It looks like it could be pretty good!
Yes it is really good. Artists and bands that are miles away from Metallica contributing, and some that are similar. Corey Taylor for one.

I think my favorite one was Chris Stapletons nothing else matters. But Miley Cyrus does a great version too. I like the ones that are a little more removed from the original. For example, while I like the band Royal Blood. When their singer does the “Hey” and following vocal on sad but true, it’s just too weak. Anyway…no more spoilers lol.
You’ll definitely want to go through it all.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Been meaning to get back to this thread! Thanks for the Korn link @Eppie. Heard it in the radio the other day.

Anyways, I spent some time checking out soen. Pretty interesting, been diggin it.
I kept trying to put my finger on the singers voice. Then it hit me! Reminds me of Hugh Jackman in The greatest showman.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis