algernon

algernon

Audioholic
Jazzwyld said:
To those it may concern,

I've now read twice on here about people purchasing from the internet to save money on amp or speakers or reciever, etc. I have one thing to say to that. How dare you. There are men and women across this country who work hard being your knowledgable sales staff. Your local store that you go to ask questions find solutions, and then you strip them of their livelyhood just so you can save some cash. To those that honor the local store I commend you, I hope that the customer service you recieve is equal to your loyalty. To the others...there may come a day when you call your local store and it will be gone. There are definite reason to buy some things online and to save money. But think of what you are doing to the people that live in your neighborhood.

Sincerely,

An Audio/Video Salesperson

I have no qualms buying online. I do my own research for anything I buy, be it a camera, telescope or A/V gear. When I'm done I usually know as much as or more than a salesperson in a store. So I am my own sales person, and I pay myself with the savings I get buying online. MSRP is fine for those that don't want to do their own research, but not for me. I couldn't afford my hobbies if I had to pay retail.

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I've purchased half of my electronics online. The other half B&M. The only time I got burned was on a television purchased from Ubid.com.
I certainly don't feel any guilt about buying online, or for that matter Demoing in in a B&M with the intention of purchasing from the internet. Sorry, it's a dog eat dog world. It's my money and I will get the best deal I can find!
While there is something to be said about the security of walking out of a store with my purchase, saving UPS the trouble of dragging it through 30 of the 50 states on a truck, I'm going to consider the online option a viable one.
My only reservation about the internet is getting burned by some one I haven't looked in the eye.
If the B&Ms want more my business they need to find a way to compete for it. I more than welcome their response.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
I think more people like us that are on these forums will buy online and the kids and our parents will still go to B&M to get the wisdom of the salesperson to sell them more then they know they need.

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
B & M stores need to allow customers to look at, fondle, listen to, try on, smell, taste, kick, test drive, and whatever else the customer wants in order to feel comfortable purchasing.
When I open-up my store I am so posting a "You taste it / you bought it" sign.

shokhead

shokhead

Audioholic General
Rock&Roll Ninja said:
When I open-up my store I am so posting a "You taste it / you bought it" sign.
Are we talking about women? Opps,did i say that? :eek:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis