So, you want a big TV?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
The Milwaukee Brewers stadium is being updated. Again. Some of the upgrades include a new center field display/scoreboard to replace the old one that does a lot more WRT special functions, as well as other displays and a banner display around the perimeter, smart displays in the concourse that show the game so people can go everywhere and not miss anything. $14 million for these upgrades. I hope the team plays better but they just lost the starting center fielder yesterday and opening day is coming soon.

The area of the scoreboard display is 12,070 square feet. Looks like roughly 2:1 aspect ratio, which makes it about 155' x 77.5'.

I can see the Craig's List ad- "looking for someone to install a large screen TV- will need cranes, but I have the mount".

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Sounds like pretty standard for most sports hosting venues. The biggest stadium screen I've seen recently was at SoFi in LA.

highfigh

highfigh

Sounds like pretty standard for most sports hosting venues. The biggest stadium screen I've seen recently was at SoFi in LA.

LA has city blocks with more people than the city of Milwaukee......

OK, slight exaggeration but this is one of, if not the, smallest MLB markets.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
They see the value in modernizing to bring people in though. Here, they just build a new stadium somewhere else and the old ones are just shells that are hardly used, but not torn down. LA just did it too with SoFi. The RAMs and Chargers were playing at a really old venue that was probably not worth upgrading. Plus some of that funding likely was related to having a place that could handle the Olympics and World Cup which are both coming up.

highfigh

highfigh

They see the value in modernizing to bring people in though. Here, they just build a new stadium somewhere else and the old ones are just shells that are hardly used, but not torn down. LA just did it too with SoFi. The RAMs and Chargers were playing at a really old venue that was probably not worth upgrading. Plus some of that funding likely was related to having a place that could handle the Olympics and World Cup which are both coming up.
Who pays for these, is it the club owners or do they strong-arm the local/state government into a TIF or adding sales tax? Here, they did both- not only for the initial construction of Miller Park which has been renamed after American Family paid for naming rights, but the City and County of Mullarkey just raised the sales tax- the city, by .4% and the county, by 2.5%. That represents a 43% increase in one shot and it was forced on us, but it's worse for people who can't leave the city to buy things and many can't afford the increase that's being used partially to pay for something they can't afford to use (the stadium).

There's absolutely no way Milwaukee would ever be considered for the Olympics.

highfigh

highfigh

The first stadium here was built for the Milwaukee Braves in '53 and when rumors spread about the team moving to Atlanta, the owners denied it, then moved to Atlanta. That really pissed off the fans and others because the stadium was expensive and owned by the county, so the expenses fell on taxpayers. Fortunately, they found uses for it and the Packers played some of their games here. Eventually, the condition declined and the corrugated steel exterior caused some people to call it 'Third World Country Stadium' and 'The Old, Gray Booze Hag'.

jinjuku

jinjuku

The first stadium here was built for the Milwaukee Braves in '53
Cleveland Browns, who's last stadium was built in 1997, now want ANOTHER stadium. I don't get how you can be a perpetually poor performing team and now 27 years later ask for another stadium.

highfigh

highfigh

Cleveland Browns, who's last stadium was built in 1997, now want ANOTHER stadium. I don't get how you can be a perpetually poor performing team and now 27 years later ask for another stadium.
Brass cajones.

davidscott

davidscott

Audioholic Ninja
And they will probably get it. And the people of Cleveland will buy it for a billionaire owner. That's just how pro sports work these days.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis