So, who's going to see DaVinci Code?

Pyrrho

Pyrrho

Audioholic Ninja
Rip Van Woofer said:
No. I learned everything I need to know about fictional early Christianity from "The Life of Brian". :D
Now that was a great movie! Incidentally, it contained quite a bit of fact, such as there being numerous wacko cults (though they did not necessarily believe what was presented in the film), the long list of factual things that answered the question: what did the Romans ever do for us?, etc. The film also displayed a good deal of insight into human psychology and gullibility, though obviously presented in a satirical rather than literal way.

I strongly recommend the Criterion version of it, as it has some great deleted scenes that, in my opinion, should not have been deleted. Usually, when viewing deleted scenes, I think the makers of a film made the right decision, but not in this case. They are great.

Biscokid

Biscokid

Audioholic
A lot of people have been hoodwinked by lies about the Catholic Church,
I love when rolls are revesed. The chuch is just bummed they are not getting the cash and doing the hoodwinking as usual...;)

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
j_garcia said:
I think this is going to be a problem for me too. I also had a mental image of who Langdon was, and Tom Hank's character looks nothing like that. While I like him as an actor also, I didn't feel he was quite the right choice for the role, though we'll just have to see. ...
i heard from someone that the writer was picturing Harrison Ford as Langdon as he was writing it (could be hearsay)

Rock&Roll Ninja

Rock&Roll Ninja

Audioholic Field Marshall
Yes yes, argue about your precious little film, the plans of the illuminati are far seeing and events are falling into place, just as they have been orchestrated. Muha-ha-ha-ha.

Shadow_Ferret

Shadow_Ferret

Audioholic Chief
Had no interest in the book. Have no interest in the film. Especially since I don't like Tom Hanks.

mpompey

mpompey

Senior Audioholic
I'm not going to see it, maybe catch it as a rental but not shelling out to see it in the theatre. Not enough of an impact film to drag me from my own theatre.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I saw it over the weekend and I really enjoyed it. The negative reviews are either people who don't like the subject material or who did not read the book, because all of the negative things I heard would seem to have been from those who did not read the book. That movie kept as close to the book as any I've ever seen, and that means the parts where it gets slow and verbose, were actually in the book.... I wasn't crazy about Hanks as expected, but the rest of the characters fit quite well.

majorloser

majorloser

I went to see it Sunday. It's definitely worth the money. Some people will just have to accept that it's fiction to enjoy it.

Two thumbs up

racquetman

racquetman

Audioholic Chief
I agree that the movie was well done.

I would say that anyone who gave it a negative review must have had some sort of agenda. As was said, it followed the book very closely, it was entertaining, and I thought the actors gave good performances.

I read a story at comingsoon.net that talks about Sony being interested in filming Angels and Demons - with the box office success of Da Vinci Code you knew this was only a matter of time (and it didn't take long did it?!!).

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Yep, you knew that one would be coming too. I'm just curious how they will handle the next book from Brown now that National Treasure has already come out...

Despite the reviews, Code had pretty impressive opening weekend numbers.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
majorloser said:
I went to see it Sunday. It's definitely worth the money. Some people will just have to accept that it's fiction to enjoy it.
Two thumbs up

Yes, it was worth the matinee price for sure:D Very good mystery movie. Glad I went as I wasn't on my own.

Some will complain no matter what. I guess they just need to stay home then and watch the TV reruns.:D

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Like all Tom Hanks movies, it's, at best, a renter in my book.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis