So My Dad Busted Out the Guitar, First Time In Years.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord

My dad had his own band when I was a kid and I grew up listening to a lot of live music. He still has the pa system, speakers and other equipment. He said it's been quite a few years since he's even picked it up. I told him he's still got it.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Poges, I think dad was pulling your leg. He was gettin right after that geetar. I had such a smile on my face, and was tapping my foot.
Where’s my guitar......

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
Poges, I think dad was pulling your leg. He was gettin right after that geetar. I had such a smile on my face, and was tapping my foot.
Where’s my guitar......
It brought back memories for me. I forgot he was that good. I'm so happy he let me catch a couple of videos. He'd die if he knew I put it on youtube... lol. The only views it's getting are from here tho, so I think he'll be okay. If one of 'em goes viral tho... :eek:

He's 72 years old right now. I'm really glad I went back home and was able to preserve it. Thanks for the likes and such. You guys are great. I knew at least a few here would appreciate it.

KEW

KEW

Audioholic Overlord
Music often has an amazing ability to transcend the effects of age.
I saw Dave Brubeck in a music hall in Chicago something like 10 years ago. He was in his late 80's and I watched with dismay as the sax player supported/led Dave Brubeck (hunched-over and shuffling his feet) to the piano bench. He was obviously riddled with arthritis!
I thought:
"This is going to suck. He is old and feeble"...a big enough name to draw a crowd and make money, but I was not going to get the fantastic music experience I had anticipated tonight.

He sat on the bench and there was a microphone over which I struggled to make out his slurred words announcing the first tune.

Then, the magic happened! The drummer started playing his 4 bar intro and I watched in amazement as Mr. Brubeck's back straightened and he sat upright! That f*cker played the concert as if he was once again 30 years old! It was one of the best performances I have experienced and certainly one I will never forget!

How in the heck does that work???

Sorry for the diversion, but getting back to your dad, keep track of his guitar and as he gets older and succumbs to the infirmities of age, hand him his guitar every now and then and ask "Why don't you play something for us" and see what happens!;):)

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis