avaserfi

avaserfi

Audioholic Ninja
From what I have read Liar is all over the charts. If you can get over/used to the controls it is supposed to be great, but many people seem to have trouble with it.

I would say if you are really interested rent it first. Then if you like the control scheme buy it. This was a game I was never too interested in from the start so I won't bother.

Metacritic review link.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
PSM gave it a really bad review too. I was interested just for the dragons and it looked promising, but their tagline was "One trick dragon..." aka repetetive.

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
EGM gave it a bad review too, citing control issues, lack of a map, etc. They basically called it Rogue Squadron with bad control and without a radar.

It's disappointing, because Factor 5 is usually an awesome developer.

K

-Kevin-

Junior Audioholic
You can add IGN to the list of bad reviews of the game.

However, if you look at some of the player reviews they arent nearly as harsh. Most players say once you get used to the controls its alot of fun.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The IGN review was the reason this thread was started....

Wafflesomd

Wafflesomd

Senior Audioholic
EGM gave it a bad review too, citing control issues, lack of a map, etc. They basically called it Rogue Squadron with bad control and without a radar.

It's disappointing, because Factor 5 is usually an awesome developer.
Rogue Squadron was awesome, I loved that game so much.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
There is no switch to fly with the sticks vs sixaxis - which means the flying gets old relatively quickly. There was another game that was similar to this previously for the PS2 called Drakenguard - which looks like essentially the same game with PS2 graphics and I get the impression Lair will be the same. That game was fun for a while but after the novelty of walking or flying around and frying everything in sight with your dragon wears off, it got pretty boring actually.

K

-Kevin-

Junior Audioholic
The IGN review was the reason this thread was started....
*hits forhead* Doh!

Anyhow, yeah, i remember Drakengard. It was certainly the definition of a mediocre game in pretty much every aspect.
But at least with Lair alot of the reviews point out that it does in fact have "stunning" visuals ect. The same couldnt have been said about Drakengard.

If you're looking for a fantastic dragonriding game where you get to blow stuff up in multiple ways then look no further than "Panzer Dragoon Orta" for the original Xbox.
Now THERE was a game with some amazing visuals!

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox/action/panzerdragoonorta/index.html?tag=tabs;summary

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
In case you didn't see my other thread, I got to try Lair already. The graphics are quite impressive, but even the best graphics in the world don't make up for average game play.

K

-Kevin-

Junior Audioholic
In case you didn't see my other thread, I got to try Lair already. The graphics are quite impressive, but even the best graphics in the world don't make up for average game play.
Too true. On the flip side, amazing game play can make up for average graphics.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis