So here’s my new set-up. Whatcha think?

A

Albud

Audiophyte
Well I’m a little new at this and man can you go insane reading threads about products and reviews.
So I’m in the install mode right now and can’t wait to hear this system.
Any thoughts on where I may have fell short?

Denon AVR X8500H
Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 3 amplifier
SVS prime Pinnacle Towers
SVS Ultra center
SVS Ultra surrounds
(2) SVS PB-2000 subs
(4) B & W CCM 683 Ceiling Speakers
Sony 77” OLED AG9

And of course a UHD Player.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Just curious why so much more money on avr/amp rather than the speakers.... why not Ultras all the way around rather than the Pinnacles? Should sound great in any case, have fun.

A

Albud

Audiophyte
Just curious why so much more money on avr/amp rather than the speakers.... why not Ultras all the way around rather than the Pinnacles? Should sound great in any case, have fun.
Well I have more of an open room concept, which is just killing me in this new house. Anyhow I really went with support's advice at SVS. Once I gave them room dimensions, layout etc., they recommended the Pinnacles over the Ultras. Only for the towers though. Me being a novice, I went with it.
your right, more on avr/amp than the speakers. Let's see how it sounds and I'll be sure to relay my feelings.
Thanks.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I haven't had a chance to hear the Pinnacles yet, but I do have the Ultra towers and Ultra bookshelf speakers. I'll bet your setup sounds awesome! Congrats!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Well I have more of an open room concept, which is just killing me in this new house. Anyhow I really went with support's advice at SVS. Once I gave them room dimensions, layout etc., they recommended the Pinnacles over the Ultras. Only for the towers though. Me being a novice, I went with it.
your right, more on avr/amp than the speakers. Let's see how it sounds and I'll be sure to relay my feelings.
Thanks.
Curious, wonder what the reasoning they had on the Pinnacles over Ultras....

NINaudio

NINaudio

Audioholic Samurai
Curious, wonder what the reasoning they had on the Pinnacles over Ultras....
Easier time integrating subs and speakers? I remember in reading the preview in the pinnacles here that they did say they were designed with easier integration than the Ultras in mind

A

Albud

Audiophyte
I haven't had a chance to hear the Pinnacles yet, but I do have the Ultra towers and Ultra bookshelf speakers. I'll bet your setup sounds awesome! Congrats!
Thanks Pogre!! I cant wait....

A

Albud

Audiophyte
S
Me too...
seems that the Ultras have a larger Bass section than the Pinnacles. Being that I'm going with 2 Subs, they think I'll get a better mid-range sound up front at the center stage. All wired up this weekend, so it's happening soon.
I live in Florida, so ceiling time is not fun at all!!

2channel lover

Audioholic Field Marshall
Well I’m a little new at this and man can you go insane reading threads about products and reviews.
So I’m in the install mode right now and can’t wait to hear this system.
Any thoughts on where I may have fell short?

Denon AVR X8500H
Emotiva XPA-5 Gen 3 amplifier
SVS prime Pinnacle Towers
SVS Ultra center
SVS Ultra surrounds
(2) SVS PB-2000 subs
(4) B & W CCM 683 Ceiling Speakers
Sony 77” OLED AG9

And of course a UHD Player.
I tend to agree with post #3 on the AVR/power...particularly the Denon. Could've saved some money there. I've only heard good things about SVS in general and there are Ultra owners on this forum that love them so I think your system will sound great.

Congrats!

I'm curious to hear your thoughts once you get it all connected.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis