So flat sub cables exist ?

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
I tried googling them no luck , my 10” sub I wanted to hide beside the couch because my mom hates it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
Passive or active/powered sub?
Are you any good at DIY?
The only way to hide flat cables is under a rug.

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Many times you can tuck cables under the base trim depending on if there’s carpet, and where the tax strip is.

James S.

James S.

Junior Audioholic
Or use some of those cable management tracks that you can paint to match the color of the wall.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
There are definitely wireless subwoofer transmitter/receiver pairs out there. You can also hit up a place like Blue Jeans and can 26AWG cable which is super slim and can be tucked into a lot of crevices easily. Depends on your budget and how much quality you want out of the speaker.

Oh, and in my family room, I went down to the basement with my cabling, then came back up where I needed the cable to be.

Lots of options to hide/remove wiring.

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
All good RCA interconnects are round coax cables.
Some usable have a diameter of less than 1/4 inch (6mm).
Like Belden 9259, 8241, 8263,9204, 9659

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
If the sub is powered, go wireless. Wireless cables are REALLY REALLY flat... can't even see them.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
If the sub is powered, go wireless. Wireless cables are REALLY REALLY flat... can't even see them.
My cable tip broke somehow , wireless is tooo expensive no thanks .... could be a while til I get a new cable ...
How is it possible?,

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
My cable tip broke somehow , wireless is tooo expensive no thanks .... could be a while til I get a new cable ...
How is it possible?,
too expensive? I was surprised at how little it cost actually.

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
MHR cable has an outer diameter of less than 3mm. It basically disappears under carpet.

I have a ton of stock from Extron, but Belden makes their own versions.

From this page: https://www.belden.com/products/cable/coax-triax-cable/75-ohm-coax-cable#numberOfResults=25

It looks like their 179DT cable is about 2.5mm diameter. That's really, really skinny for a good coaxial cable.
Can’t find any prices on that site , oh wow !!
I’m lost on what there cables are so many Different models .
I guess sub cables aren’t that expensive...

Kingnoob

Kingnoob

Audioholic Samurai
too expensive? I was surprised at how little it cost actually.
Yeah about 1/3 most brands charge for a wireless sub adapter usually $150+. Good deal just don’t have the money right now .

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
Spray paint the cable\wiring as close to the floor covering, that you can. ........for example.

Cpt.America

Cpt.America

Full Audioholic
Yeah about 1/3 most brands charge for a wireless sub adapter usually $150+. Good deal just don’t have the money right now .
The SVS soundpath that I use, is $119. Not too bad I don't think.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis