F

Fomoco69

Junior Audioholic
Hello, music lovers , I just bought my first pair of vintage Snell speakers in mint condition…high quality 18 inch high book shelf , made around 1989 - 1995?…just wondering if anyone has had these and have any suggestions on my 3 amplifier / receiver options….Sansui G5500 / Denon PMA 750/ Luxman R115….

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello, music lovers , I just bought my first pair of vintage Snell speakers in mint condition…high quality 18 inch high book shelf , made around 1989 - 1995?…just wondering if anyone has had these and have any suggestions on my 3 amplifier / receiver options….Sansui G5500 / Denon PMA 750/ Luxman R115….
They're a easy load to drive, so it's your personal preference. One thing I'd attempt to do is pull the 8" driver and line the cabinet with No-Rez or similar as that box has a lot of audible resonances and attempting to stiffing the cabinet will improve the sound.

1000003254.jpg

Do you have a subwoofer to pair with it? If so or planning to add one, I'd pick a sub with line level inputs with high passed outputs or a receiver with bass management.

F

Fomoco69

Junior Audioholic
Ok…thanks, not sure what No - Rez is but will look for it online….cabinets sound very solid but read that designer Kevin Vox did not feel they needed bracing ?

F

Fomoco69

Junior Audioholic
Is there any foam / Insulation in these already from factory?

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis