Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
It looks great. I love the colors you chose in the rooms. Nice touch in the bathroom.

Who did your wiring? Nice management! Thanks for the pics!

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
I did the whole system. Pre-wire, and finish work.

Thanks for the compliment. It was mine and my wife's dream home. We love the house.

A/VUSMCSGT

A/VUSMCSGT

Audioholic
Looks good man...almost as good as mine(hahaha). We're gonna have to come and see it sometime.

C

clthoma2

Audioholic Intern
What Middle Atlantic Rack is that?

Snap,

Which middle atlantic rack is that? How many rack spaces is it? How tall is the cabinet? It looks like you have it in the cabinet to the left of the TV. I want to get a rack just like that but I am having a hard time figuring out which one would be best for me.

Great work!

Thanks,

Clthoma2

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
The rack I have is only 14 space. The cabinate guy screwed me. That is why the cable box is out of the rack next to the Totem Speaker.

The one that I have is the SRS4-14 It slides out so that I can hook everything up, and then slide it back into the space.

SPEND THE EXTRA money and get the SRSR4-14. That rack slides out, and then TURNS! I was trying to save some money, and it was a PAIN in the butt!

I had to install the bottom piece of gear, then the next, and work my way up to the top piece of gear. Then if there was a problem I had to take the rack appart till I got to the piece that I wanted to fix!

So get the slide and turn one from MA.

Also you can get the custom gear covers that really make the rack look HOT. But they are like 55 bucks a piece. So that is a LOT of money just to cover what I have in the rack. But seeing out the doors are ALWAYS closed I did not bother.

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
A/VUSMCSGT said:
Looks good man...almost as good as mine(hahaha). We're gonna have to come and see it sometime.

You know you are welcome! I think I am more happy with the lighting controls that I am about the sound! :rolleyes: I just like turning off and on all the lights in the house with the remote.

The 10.5 inch touch screen is cool, but the dang thing gets so heavy at times it is not the chan surf remote for sure.

bandits007

bandits007

Enthusiast
man.....this looks awesome
Snap...I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice overe here buddy.

My Post with Pictures

Also, did you have to do some crazy dry wall work to just hook up the plasma in your master bedroom and bathroom?....how can you run video and audio through just one wire?....any cat5 stuff?

C

clthoma2

Audioholic Intern
Cooling

Snap,

Do you have any way to keep everything cool (fans, vents, etc.) in your cabinet. As I mentioned above, my setup is similar and my receiver and amp get pretty warm.

CT

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
bandits007 said:
man.....this looks awesome
Snap...I would really appreciate it if you could give me some advice overe here buddy.

My Post with Pictures

Also, did you have to do some crazy dry wall work to just hook up the plasma in your master bedroom and bathroom?....how can you run video and audio through just one wire?....any cat5 stuff?

The master bedroom has its own AV rack in my walk in closet. The wife has her own off the back of the master bath. The main AV rack (in the cabinet to the left of the TV) has a run of CAT5e going to the structured wire box, as well as a run going to the AV rack in the master bedroom.. (Not used at this time.) The master bedroom AV rack has a CAT5e going to the structured wire box as well.

I ran HDMI (Not Used on either system) and component video from each AV rack to their respective TV. I also ran 18/4 Shielded from each of the AV rack to its TV. (Incase I ever wanted to use serial cable.) I cut an IR emitter and spliced in the 1/8 jack to one end of the shielded wire, and the IR emitter to the other. I control my TV's at this time via IR.

Video is displayed via component video and video switching in each of the receivers. So Cable, DVD, Control 4 Media is all ran to each of the receivers and the receiver switches what signal is going to be displayed on it’s respective plasma.

(I would take a picture of my AV rack in my closet, but my stuff is always thrown every place, and I would be shot by my wife if I posted a picture on the web of my closet!)

Cooling: I have 4 inch dryer duct running from the back top right of the Main AV rack that vents out the top of wall were the TV is mounted on. (You can not see the 4 inch hole it is about 2 feet behind the crown at the top of that wall. So the main AV rack just vents out into the living room. The plasma has the same system for the living room. I ordered fans but they were on back order. I have not had ANY problems at all and I have been too busy to install them. So until I get more time or there is a problem with stuff I am not going to bother with it. It seems that the convection cooling of the 2 vents are enough for this system.

The 20 inch LCD in my Master bath is just straight RG6. The TV has a HDTV tuner built in and I get my HDTV that way. Audio is from the TV speakers in that room.

I hope that this helps.

Snap

Snap

Audioholic
clthoma2 said:
Snap,

Do you have any way to keep everything cool (fans, vents, etc.) in your cabinet. As I mentioned above, my setup is similar and my receiver and amp get pretty warm.

CT
Cooling is explained in the post above.

I noticed your signature had the SA8300HD and HDMI problems. I have 2 in my house. I have straight home runs of HDMI, and they do not work. It is the box. I also have had 2 other systems that I could not use HDMI on for those boxes. Real pain in the butt! I will NOT use HDMI any more till they fix some of the bugs.

C

clthoma2

Audioholic Intern
HDMI issues

Snap,

I need to update my signature. FINALLY, Time Warner of Charlotte, NC updated the firmware to be able to support HDMI switching. I have had pretty good luck with HDMI with the exception of the slow moving cable company implementing a firmware update. I must have called them 100 times in order to try to "annoy" them into rolling out the fix.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis