Small Sub Hunting...

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Thanks To All...

First off, thanks for all the input, folks. This type of feedback was exactly what I was looking for. As I didn't have my heart set on any one of these in particular, it was great to get as much input as possible on all the subs I mentioned and then some...

Well, it'll be a week or two, but I think I'm going to have to go w/the Athena AS-4000 for this. At ~$150.00, this seems to be the best "bang for the buck" in this application.

I would definitely consider the ULW or the STF-1/LFM-2 if it were w/in $100.00, but closest I can find either of these is near the $300.00 range. Weighing the difference in price for performance, I just don't think these other subs would be worth the jump in price. -TD

T

timpoblete

Audiophyte
Did you get a chance to order the Athenas on Amazon for $150 today because I think that they just sold out :( ? If you didn't you can get them at audioadvisor.com for $149.95 + shipping.

tomd51

tomd51

Audioholic General
Unfortunately not, have to wait a week or two to replenish recently spent funds.

Nevertheless, at just under $170.00 shipped from Audio Advisor, the AS-P4000 is still the "man" to beat... -TD

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis