Slim <5-6 inch high center speaker

D

dkrieb

Audiophyte
I have recently purchased a Panasonic 54VT25 Plasma and am reorganizing my surround system. I am looking for a recommendation for a sound bar type design center speaker only for my 5.1 system. I have 5 - 200 watt channels for the three front speakers and 2 surround speakers along with a 300 W Snell sub.

I need a low profile center speaker to place either in front of my Plasma or a small low profile shelf under the TV. I haven't purchased speakers in a few years and I'd like to save myself some research time. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
You must find center speaker which timbre matched to your front speakers or you'll loose any hope to get home theater effect, since effects transition won't be seamless from center to fronts.
Pretty much only sane way to do above is to buy speakers from same maker AND series.
If design (WAF) is your major concern you might want to consider selling your current fronts and getting all new Left/Center/Right speakers setup which match your design requirements and sound preferences

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
You must find center speaker which timbre matched to your front speakers or you'll loose any hope to get home theater effect, since effects transition won't be seamless from center to fronts.
Pretty much only sane way to do above is to buy speakers from same maker AND series.
If design (WAF) is your major concern you might want to consider selling your current fronts and getting all new Left/Center/Right speakers setup which match your design requirements and sound preferences
+1 BSA gives great advice.

V

vikebrian84

Audioholic Intern
The only other way to get a good frontstage is to audition a TON of center channels IN your home WITH your L/R untill you find something that matches. A painstaking sometimes impossible process.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis