J

JOEH50

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>greetings all,
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; I have a 3 piece entertainment center (1/2 inch simulated wood partical &nbsp;board )wrapped around a 53 inch Sony. My equipment on one side ( yamaha 3300, first generation toshiba dvd, etc ) and the MK 125 sub on the other side , with a 1/2 foot between &nbsp;the wall and entertainment center. When I play at med high levels, the player skips at certain peaks from the sub. this occured with my previous yamaha 3090, but , more-so now I guess with higher power.

I suspect the player has poor insulating properties. I recall in the past of special rubber disk pads to put under the player's feet. Do they work and are they still avalible?

Another option.... Are players made today better at resisting vibration? &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;thanks</font>

<font color='#008080'>I think today's players may well have better error correction (and perhaps better physical dampening) that may help with your skipping issue. I would probably seek to isolate the player from whatever surface it is mounted to to reduce the amount of vibration affecting it via the subwoofer.

You're on the right track - keep experimenting.</font>

J

JOEH50

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>Thanks for that Hawk. I'm scouting for a sacd/dvd-a player promised to me for fathers day. But I was told by a salesman at a local Good- Guys to wait for the rest of the new generation players within the month.
&nbsp;I was just hoping a new player would resolve the problem. But in the meantime how about those pads I mentioned?

Do you think maybe quartering a mouse pad might do the trick? I guess I'll try that when I get home from work!</font>

<font color='#008080'>I was thinking about something just like that. Something neoprene or geletin would probably take care of the problem.

As for the newer players... I've no idea about those, except to say that firewire is king and more and more receivers are coming out with the jacks to allow digital connectivity (and thus digital bass management via the receiver) to DVD-A and SACD players.</font>

J

JOEH50

Enthusiast
<font color='#000000'>I believe the Philips DVD963SA handles bass man.
&nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp; &nbsp;thanks again for your input</font>

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis