C

Champ14

Audiophyte
i have def tech speakers bp8060 towers along with cs9060 for the center and a denon avr-4000. Im trying to figure out how to set up the speakers since i dont have a dedicated sub. Each tower and center channel has a sub. Should i put the speaker on large or small on the set up. How do i set up the receiver or make it think i have subs when there is nothing plugged into the sub port in the back?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
i have def tech speakers bp8060 towers along with cs9060 for the center and a denon avr-4000. Im trying to figure out how to set up the speakers since i dont have a dedicated sub. Each tower and center channel has a sub. Should i put the speaker on large or small on the set up. How do i set up the receiver or make it think i have subs when there is nothing plugged into the sub port in the back?
Here is the manual for that speaker. You will want to refer to it for speaker setup.

C

Champ14

Audiophyte
If i use connection 2 do i still need a Y LFE connection if there are 2 sub out? Or cam i just use 1 sub out to each tower?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You can use the individual sub outs to both speakers or you can also use the Y splitter. Either one will produce the same signal, so the speakers will playback the same thing either way.

C

Champ14

Audiophyte
So i will hook up my center channel cs9060 to one subout then i will use the y connector to hook the towers to the other subout

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
So i will hook up my center channel cs9060 to one subout then i will use the y connector to hook the towers to the other subout
That sounds like it will work fine.

C

Champ14

Audiophyte
As far as hrtz should i go with the higher number in the manual for each speaker or let audessy take care of that?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
You can try it both ways and just keep whichever sounds best to you. There isn't any right answer on this one, just whatever you prefer.

Y

yepimonfire

Audioholic Samurai
Deftechs frequency response specs are all but fiction.

If you don’t have a subwoofer, and the l/r are capable of decent bass, you can set the other small speakers to small and all the bass will be sent to the l/r. In addition, the lfe is sent to the l/r by default without a subwoofer as well.

C

Champ14

Audiophyte
How do i set the center channel since it has a sub? Large?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
How do i set the center channel since it has a sub? Large?
If you are using the subwoofer output on the AVR to send a signal to the center speaker's subwoofer portion, than you should set the speakers to small.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis