Single spacer shelf to stack TiVo on top of receiver?

J

jberc

Audiophyte
I have a HK DPR1001 and a HD TiVo that I need to stack on a single shelf. Since the receiver is much bigger I wanted to put the TiVo on top but doing so would block the receiver's top vents. So I need some sort of spacer or shelf.

I want something minimalist and cheap. The receiver is almost 18" wide and over 4.5" tall. After looking for a single shelf or monitor stand that wasn't $200 I found an acrylic tray riser for $50. It's 6" tall and 3/8" thick acrylic.

Do you think this will work? The receiver will have a little over an inch of clearence on top but since it's digital it runs pretty cool. Any other suggestions? I just don't want the unrefined look of hockey pucks. Thanks.

http://www.triodisplay.com/catalog/tray-risers-acrylic-p-1758.html

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
Have a look at my center channel stand. It performs exactly the function you describe. I originally built it for my cable box but you can see at the bottom where I added a couple of felt strips to raise it to fit my sat. box.

I bought a piece of shelving at home depot and had them cut it for me into a top shelf and two short risers. Then I brought the pieces home and screwed the risers to the shelf. Simple. Cheap. Effective.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis