S

Shrader

Audioholic
Made a little (read VERY little) progress, all the drywall is hung, looking at screen wall a/v rack.......

opposite end of the room behind bar, you can see the "closet" where the refrigerator will go, and the bathroom doorway in the far corner.......

Bar area and back bar....

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Got sick of waiting, and ordered my Trio 12apr15 yesterday, so that can be finished as soon as it arrives. Now it is a waiting game for the drywall guy to come and finish what we hung, and the flooring right after that.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
drywall is finished, thank god that's over, lol. walls painted and all wiring DONE

tile and carpet is installed...

front of bar faced, and stained.....

bathroom.....

S

Shrader

Audioholic
this weekend I hope to get the ceiling track all installed, and some of the trim, and doors painted, deadline is closing in, and wallet is getting thin!

S

Shrader

Audioholic
All ceiling track is up, as well as 2 zones of lighting,

Furniture came in, and installed that as I have no room anywhere to store it

put in the heat, and most of the trim

and installed the bar tops, just need to put the formica on yet,

I think tonight I am going to start installing the AVR and some speakers! not quite ready yet, but it's been driving me nuts just looking at it all sitting there.lol

H

hjustin

Audioholic
It's been almost 12 hours since your last post. Are you going to get some updated pics up soon or what? :)

Last edited:
S

Shrader

Audioholic
Got the sub back from my buddy the other day, sorry I didn't take any pics of the assembly, but this is the finished product, less the grill I will be done with today......

This thing is a MONSTER, even using it without audessey, just for music, it shakes the whole house! very pleased with it, just need to do some experimenting with placement yet.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Looks like I need to get a new camera! those pics do the finish on the sub no justice, in person the paint looks like it is an inch thick. I will try my other camera to see if I can get some better ones.

Finished the a/v rack, and installed some of the equipment, and speakers.....

The top is three pieces, the two ends are a little less than 4' and the center is 32" wide, all three are hinged, the center for access to the wiring, and the ends for storage, and power conditioner.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
also installed the laminate on the counter tops, brought in the bar stools, and even broke the bar in last weekend!

pic from left rear of room...

right rear.....

behind bar...

front facing bar...

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Looks like I need to get a new camera! those pics do the finish on the sub no justice, in person the paint looks like it is an inch thick. I will try my other camera to see if I can get some better ones.

Finished the a/v rack, and installed some of the equipment, and speakers.....

The top is three pieces, the two ends are a little less than 4' and the center is 32" wide, all three are hinged, the center for access to the wiring, and the ends for storage, and power conditioner.
Monster screen! 140 inches? :p

G

Grador

Audioholic Field Marshall
If I had a basement to play with, I only wish I could put it together as nice as this, bravo.

S

Shrader

Audioholic
Yeah Shrader, you should pull the seating back a bit so you don't burn your retinas out.:D[/QUOTnow

Thanks for the kind words guys, it has been a learning experience for sure, as i have done everything but the flooring and drywall myself. I also built 6 24"x48"x4" acoustic panels today to help with the squareness of the room.

I wish I could, the seating is at 13.5' from the screen, and there is only enough hieght for a 106" screen, and the panasonic pt ar100u can only be mounted 13' from the screen because of a post in the middle. Not sure if I can do a different ratio screen to go bigger? But that will do for now, as my budget has been spent for that part of the build.

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Yeah Shrader, you should pull the seating back a bit so you don't burn your retinas out.:D[/QUOTnow

Thanks for the kind words guys, it has been a learning experience for sure, as i have done everything but the flooring and drywall myself. I also built 6 24"x48"x4" acoustic panels today to help with the squareness of the room.

I wish I could, the seating is at 13.5' from the screen, and there is only enough hieght for a 106" screen, and the panasonic pt ar100u can only be mounted 13' from the screen because of a post in the middle. Not sure if I can do a different ratio screen to go bigger? But that will do for now, as my budget has been spent for that part of the build.

Dude, you missed the joke! We were referring to the tiny TV on the rack!:D

I have a 104" screen and my seating is about 12' - 12.5' back and it looks great. With a 106" screen, I would think that 13.5' is plenty far back and in fact, you might be able to pull the seating forward a bit for a more immersive viewing experience. In case you haven't seen this, it's a great guide for establishing an appropriate viewing angle:

http://myhometheater.homestead.com/viewingdistancecalculator.html

The room looks great. Should be a great HT venue - especially since you won't have to go far for a drink.:)

Last edited:
S

Shrader

Audioholic
Wow, duh. Missed that I guess lol

Funny, i hooked that big tv up so i could see the gui for the reciever, and got a ton of crap from everyone who was here last weekend.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
also installed the laminate on the counter tops, brought in the bar stools, and even broke the bar in last weekend!

]
Please, I'm begging you, do not drink cheap Tequila!!!!!! Ever!!!!!!

S

Shrader

Audioholic
No worries guys, that swill was left here, not mine. I am a Crown Royal guy, that or Dos Equis.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis