Should I upgrade my receiver?

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
Apparently, he's the kid who said Emperor Denon was naked.:D
Reminds me of Stormy Daniel talking about Trump running naked after her, and that is your fault!

My eyes, it burns, I can't unsee it!

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, at least you can still hear how flat a Denon sounds compared to a Yamaha.:D Uh oh, that dead f#%kin' horse popped.:eek:

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
My Denon has ALL kinds of nice audio settings to make music to my ears, whether Netflix movies or MP3 or DTV music. I'm sure Yamaha sounds pretty good too, depending on the models too. To each his own, as they say.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Have used several brands and models, currently two Denons, an Onkyo and a Sony. I'm sorry Denon hurt you, but its just your experience, not a general one is the point. Personal anecdotes can be amusing....or annoying. You are clearly a Yamaha fan boi now, that's great, I'm really happy for you. Its just another avr....
You clearly have no clue what lies underneath the yamaha.I'll tell it has a sabre DAC, does Denon even have a DAC? Where is the Denon made from?

Do you have any clue how much one weights over the other? Do your homework, man.

Your arguments are just plain crap with your biased opinion, you haven't countered any of my points with an actual information which is sad. Apart from the poor hearing I can see, you seem to be blind follower of the hype once created by some audiophiles.

Since you've been arguing, I'll tell you about the yamaha, its made in Malaysia. Your Denon must have been built from some factory in china. I can see you like inferior and poorly built Denon and enjoy the crispiness and unforgiving sound of your Denon.

But, if somehow your denon fails i'd suggest not repeating the same mistake again, eventually even if it blows up, you know where to go next.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You clearly have no clue what lies underneath the yamaha.I'll tell it has a sabre DAC, does Denon even have a DAC? Where is the Denon made from?

Do you have any clue how much one weights over the other? Do your homework, man.

Your arguments are just plain crap with your biased opinion, you haven't countered any of my points with an actual information which is sad. Apart from the poor hearing I can see, you seem to be blind follower of the hype once created by some audiophiles.

Since you've been arguing, I'll tell you about the yamaha, its made in Malaysia. Your Denon must have been built from some factory in china. I can see you like inferior and poorly built Denon and enjoy the crispiness and unforgiving sound of your Denon.

But, if somehow your denon fails i'd suggest not repeating the same mistake again, eventually even if it blows up, you know where to go next.

You continue to prove your inexperience. Nice.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
And I thought I was the one who needed help! o_O Step away from the keyboard Sachb. You see that stuff coming in from the windows? That's right, it's sunshine. There is a whole bunch of fresh cool air out there as well. Maybe you can go for a nice walk, feed a squirrel or two?:) I'm gonna' go chase off the ones in my yard. I need the exercise.:confused:

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
You clearly have no clue what lies underneath the yamaha.I'll tell it has a sabre DAC, does Denon even have a DAC?

Sent from my front orifice using Tapatalk
Yup!

Where is the Denon made from? Depends on the model, dude.

Sent from my side orifice using Tapatalk, the premier child something.

Sent from an underdetermined orifice using Tapatalk
Please tell us! Don't be shy!

Your argumenta are just plain crap with your biased opinion, you haven't countered any of my points with an actual information which is sad. Apart from the poor hearing I can you seem to be blind follower of the hype once created by some audiophiles.

Sent from well-oiled orifice using Tapatalk, with a tax deduction.
Since you've been arguing, I'll tell you about the yamaha, its made in Malaysia. Your Denon must have been built from some factory in china. Hope you like inferior and poorly built Denon and enjoy the crispiness and unforgiving sound of your Denon.

Edit: Edit stuff,

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Yup!

Please tell us! Don't be shy!

Since you've been arguing, I'll tell you about the yamaha, its made in Malaysia. Your Denon must have been built from some factory in china. Hope you like inferior and poorly built Denon and enjoy the crispiness and unforgiving sound of your Denon.

Edit: Edit stuff,
Thanx for quoting my post & pasting it again, now I know how much you value my posts.

But try to improve your response, those one word or one liner response doesn't put out a good impresssion about yourself. It just goes to show that you're just another lovinthehd.

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
In my home theater i have a couple Polk signature s60s, s35 center and other surround speakers. and a svs pb 1000. I use the 60s and svs sub for music and it sounds good. I have a cheap Onkyo tx-nr585 that was 250$. My question is there really a noticeable difference if I upgraded to let's say a Yamaha Aventage RX-A1080 for 1200 dollars or would that be a waste of money.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Your priority should always be speakers, and yes the yamaha may sound better, cause it will be a lot more powerful than your current onkyo.

Here's a demo of my Yamaha RX-A1080.

Last edited:
William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Your priority should always be speakers, but if you're looking for more features that are relevant to you such as 4K and the ability to pass Dolby vision/Atmos along with other HD audio then Yamaha would be a good upgrade, and yes the yamaha may sound better, cause it will be a lot more powerful than your current onkyo.

Here's a demo of my Yamaha RX-A1080.

Is that current speaker placement?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Well, if a Yamaha can make that f#%ked up arrangement sing, I just might return my Onkyo.:D

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
Now I’m confused. I wonder why my bright Klipsch speakers being driven by my bright Denon 3600 doesn’t sound bright. Hmmm. I might have got a malfunctioning receiver since it sounds great?
I supposed that might be possible if "bright" is a -ve thing, and not bright is a +ve thing. Since - x * - x = + x, that's why your combo sounds great!

S

Sachb

Full Audioholic
Yeah and I looked at every one of his post yesterday they're all troll post for Yamaha. He adds nothing to The Forum.
And yet you yourself failed to help the op in one of the threads.

Link: https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/topic?url=https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/in-need-of-help-choosing-the-best-option-for-a-new-receiver-and-pre-amp.119994/&share_tid=119994&share_fid=59414&share_type=t&link_source=app

In need of help choosing the best option for a new receiver and pre amp

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis