Should I sell my Oppo?

}Fear_Inoculum{

}Fear_Inoculum{

Senior Audioholic
I'm still using my PS3 as it's a terrific blueray player, but I don't have a 4k display yet. When I upgrade the display and AVR to 4k, I'll probably be looking at the latest Playstation again. An Oppo makes sense if you're not into gaming, but if you're a gamer why get a separate blueray player when the Playstation and Xbox double as very capable disc players?
Funnily enough, I was just looking into the PS5 and the new XBOX to see if it would be worth it to buy one of them because of the 4K players in them. The research I did suggested that if you're into serious home theater, then you're better off getting a separate player. Since I'm not into gaming at all, it would be a waste for me to buy one. The articles I was reading suggested that even a lower level 4K player has better picture quality, sound, menu options etc than the consoles, neither of which supports HDR10+ or Dolby Vision.

Eppie

Eppie

Audioholic Ninja
Funnily enough, I was just looking into the PS5 and the new XBOX to see if it would be worth it to buy one of them because of the 4K players in them. The research I did suggested that if you're into serious home theater, then you're better off getting a separate player. Since I'm not into gaming at all, it would be a waste for me to buy one. The articles I was reading suggested that even a lower level 4K player has better picture quality, sound, menu options etc than the consoles, neither of which supports HDR10+ or Dolby Vision.
I did get the separate remote for the PS3 which lets it act like a blue-ray player. Not sure if they offer stereo style remotes for the new consoles. A shame that the new console disc players are not fully featured. :(

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis