bombadil

bombadil

Junior Audioholic
I see that this company is getting a thumbs up from Audioholics, fully scientific no snake oil etc. I wonder if they are supporting this channel in any way? I ask because on their site they sell a power cable for $270 https://shieldedaudio.com/products/vector-power
WHY in the world would you buy this vs the standard power cable that comes with your equipment? Expensive power cables are pure BS, I'm disappointed to see Audioholics supporting this nonsense.

T

TankTop5

Audioholic General
Maybe your power cable gets run through your microwave, you don’t know other peoples setups!

Trell

Trell

Audioholic Spartan
That's a snake oil product. Don't waste your money on it. The power cords that come with all the AV electronic products you buy are amply adequate.
Dude, this is not helpful for my early retirement fund, really, not at all :mad:

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Link to the thumbs up? I've not noticed this brand before....

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Never mind, just saw Will Brink's post.....

ps Now that I've read it, they don't make claims but just sell grossly overpriced cables....okay. They're sort of pretty I suppose if you've got a cable fetish or something :)

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
They show two options- Canare plugs in EU and WattGate in the US, but the price for WattGate is $130 more. That's interesting, in light of the fact that an IEC plug and female connector can be bought on Amazon for less than $40.

bombadil

bombadil

Junior Audioholic
Never mind, just saw Will Brink's post.....

ps Now that I've read it, they don't make claims but just sell grossly overpriced cables....okay. They're sort of pretty I suppose if you've got a cable fetish or something :)
I agree mostly, but would not be so forgiving. They may not come out and say "your system will sound better if you buy these $400 interconnects" but they come pretty damn close. Here is a quote from their site: "For those with a precise ear and demand for clarity, the Vector XLR allows you to unleash the greatest potential of your system." How else would they justify $400 for an interconnect cable, one you can get from Blue Jeans for $20-30? As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
I agree mostly, but would not be so forgiving. They may not come out and say "your system will sound better if you buy these $400 interconnects" but they come pretty damn close. Here is a quote from their site: "For those with a precise ear and demand for clarity, the Vector XLR allows you to unleash the greatest potential of your system." How else would they justify $400 for an interconnect cable, one you can get from Blue Jeans for $20-30? As they say, a fool and his money are soon parted!
Yeah I saw that vague claim....not as bad as some out there is all. Then again that language would apply to any decent cable spec'd for the use....and I consider bluejeans nice and all but also overpriced....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis