Shielded-audio Review Typo?

Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Another post asking questions on this fwiw https://forums.audioholics.com/forums/threads/shielded-audio.120799/

Don't think I've read anything by this Tony Leotta guy but if he's into soundbars/wireless then don't know what he's doing with this stuff either :) No measurements, though, so only so much word salad so far.

Looks grossly overpriced to me for $400 for 3' pair of terminated wires (if you change the termination to nude and to single it drops to $185). Sort of pretty but not really into the cable fetish thing myself....but no particularly silly claims otoh.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
Read article on audioholics about wire:

https://www.audioholics.com/gadget-reviews/shielded-audio

The article says

“The Vector line ranges from $185 for a 3’ nude end to $445 for a 20’ nude end.”

However, when I go to the page (1), it says $400 for 3” unterminated. What am I missing? Which page has the typo?

Personally, I’d never spend $400 for 3’ of unterminated speaker wire...
  1. https://shieldedaudio.com/collections/speaker/products/vector-speaker-cable?
Sometimes you just need ONE cable instead of a pair. So, the single 3' nude cable is $185. What a bargain!!!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
yea I just got in some of their speaker cables and the gauge is higher than claimed. Also the Litz cable isn't measuring like Litz. Very disappointing. Will likely be dropping them from our recommended list.

Teetertotter?

Teetertotter?

Senior Audioholic
To funny. I have 16ga, 2 cond, shielded, twisted pair, jacketed, 99.9% pure copper, commercially made, for electrical contractors at fraction of the cost. They use in commercial communications installations. I still have a 1000 foot roll of old write off stock, from my sons work place. Call some wire distributors or electrical contractors and they should have on their shelves. Or google this specific wire spec.

Last edited:
Will Brink

Will Brink

Audioholic
yea I just got in some of their speaker cables and the gauge is higher than claimed. Also the Litz cable isn't measuring like Litz. Very disappointing. Will likely be dropping them from our recommended list.
Their prices alone don't seem to fit the Audioholics focus of value for performance.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
To funny. I have 16ga, 2 cond, shielded, twisted pair, jacketed, 99.9% pure copper, commercially made, for electrical contractors at fraction of the cost. They use in commercial communications installations. I still have a 1000 foot roll of old write off stock, from my sons work place. Call some wire distributors or electrical contractors and they should have on their shelves. Or google this specific wire spec.
Speaker wire isn't twisted as much for noise rejection as the fact that it's easier to pull through the jacket material, it lays better on and after it has been spooled. Speaker wire twist isn't a spec, it's just part of the manufacturing process. I don't remember the last time I saw jacketed speaker cable that wasn't twisted, but it's usually not referred to as 'twisted pair'.

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
Wait, 'Shielded Audio' is a brand name? Good grief!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis