Sherbourn PT-7000 Pre-pro and 7/2100 Amp

<font color='#008080'>I recall our first introduction to Sherbourn electronics a few years ago was through their very impressive, powerful and value-minded five channel 5/1500A power amplifier which was based on a modular mono block design with individual power supplies for each channel.

Well now, as promised, we have reviewed Sherbourn's first complete separates solution - but will it be a true rival against flagship receivers? Check out our review on the Sherbourn PT-7000 Pre-processor and the 7/2100 7-channel amplifier to find out!</font>

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
<font color='#000000'>Can't wait to read it Hawke. I do not know if you perform equipment &quot;face-offs&quot;; ie testing multiple pieces of equipment at the same time and then ranking them in terms of
value, sound reproduction, etc. What I would like to see is a direct comparison between Sherbourne's pre/pro and five channel amp vs Outlaw pre/pro and their 5 channel amp. If you look at the chassis of both manufacturer's pre/pro's you will notice that they look almost identical. &nbsp;I'm off to read your review.</font>

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
<font color='#000000'>3dB;

Actually I wrote the review. &nbsp;Clint was nice enough to link it to our frontpage and forums since I was having computer problems.

The Outlaw and Sherbourn processors are virtually identical as can be seen by our article:
Attack of the Clone Processors

The Sherbourn and Outlaw amps are different however.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I have a &nbsp;Sherbourn 5/2510 on order which should be here any day. &nbsp;I had no clue the amp switched to &quot;Class G&quot;. &nbsp;I don't think I would have ordered it if I had known this. &nbsp;They sure don't advertise this fact!

Do you think I would be better off w/ an Anthem MCA-50? &nbsp;I'm wondering if it will sound better. &nbsp;It has a S/N ratio of 120 DB. &nbsp;Anyone know how the Sherbourn measures?

Should I stick w/ the Sherbourn or go for the Anthem? &nbsp;

Thoughts?</font>

<font color='#008080'>I have the 7/2100, which just adds another 2 of the 5 amps you have in the 5/5210. You will not be disapppointed for the price.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>I thoroughly enjoyed the review of the Sherbourn 7/2100 Amp as it was recommended by a friend for me to check out. &nbsp;How does it stack up in comparison to the B&amp;K 200.7 or 7270 reference amps in a face off?
???</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis