She loves my Dynaudio!!!

haraldo

haraldo

Audioholic Spartan
I have loved every Dynaudio speaker that I have ever heard....

Fantastic products....

-Harald :D

G

Gatsby191

Audioholic
"Double Dip"

I love DAs.

You think she loves them, expect a big truck full of new furniture to pull up on Friday. I drove to a near by town yesterday to pick up my external hard drive and it ended up costing me almost 3k. Turns out some jack-*** put a furniture store by the AV store so after we left the AV store, she said 'pull into here real quick' and you know how the story goes from there.
Hey Greg, sorry to bring this up, but don't be surprised if the Jack A#s that put up that Furniture store, turns out to be the same guy who put up the AV store first! LMAO! :D

I originally had DA's as my first choice, but my FRIEND--who is in the Pro and Commercial end of A/V, could get me the sweet deals I needed, on only 2 of the residential brands of speakers out there. JBL's or Tannoy's. Too bad I wasn't building a Concert Arena, or a Night Club. Then I would have had "Energy" speakers throughout the entire place(s). That's okay, I really like my Sensys DC 2's along with the rest of my set-up. But, I said "Like", not Love. I hope to see some of those beauties from Dynaudio in my not too far away future! Just don't want to have to sell my Caddy, in order to pay for them.:rolleyes:
Enjoy the Dynaudios, I am Jealous! Joe B.

Davemcc

Davemcc

Audioholic Spartan
I have said this before, and the audiophiles will snicker in contempt, but I must say that there is NO SUCH THING as a speaker UPGRADE. It's all lateral, my comparison comments above notwithstanding. Speakers are all, not only different, but subject to biased ears/brain links. I don't care if they are made of concrete and are completely inert or are open baffle, cheap or expensive, or measure any which way but loose. They are just DIFFERENT, not better or worse. It's all in what you prefer. They are so subjective and there are so many variables in the delivery of sound to the listener in his/her listening space that any talk of loudspeakers being "in a different league" or "an upgrade" is really irrelevant to reality. (Cabinet quality, or speaker aesthetics would be an exception to the rule. :))
I think this is the lesson that I'm going to take from this exercise. I may even test the theory further, as I haven't ever put my Athena AS-B1.2's into the main system. I'm curious to see how they would fare backed by the Rotel amp and the SVS.

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
I think this is the lesson that I'm going to take from this exercise. I may even test the theory further, as I haven't ever put my Athena AS-B1.2's into the main system. I'm curious to see how they would fare backed by the Rotel amp and the SVS.
It sorta ruins the fun of spending a couple of grand (that just happens to be laying around the house) on a highly touted new set o' speakers, doesn't it?! ;)

There are, of course, speaker criteria that one could consider as part and parcel of an upgrade, such as extended FR. But even that is quite subject to...uh, subjectivity, too. :) For example, I can't hear anything over 10,500Hz. Mrs. Tomorrow detests any "noises" below 100Hz. :eek: I'd love to have a 3 cup-of-coffee conversation with Floyd Toole over this issue of speaker preference.

Let us know how your test goes.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis