Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I have seen this movie twice and I really enjoyed it. It is and it is not the typical superhero movie. I would call it a Superhero movie with more heart. I am a Zach Levi from "Chuck" days, but I wasn't sure if he could pull this off. The first few previews I thought were terrible, until I saw what they were trying to do. Lots of comedy, for the most part a good family film. This is however not 'G' rated for a reason, there are moments of violence that were more PG13. Overall its a lot of fun. My only two major complaints were that the boy's personality when he is not Shazam, seems more mature than Zach Levi portrays him as the Superhero. There is a small disconnect there along with the cartoon like 7 deadly sins. (think Scooby Doo) LOL. Sold B film.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
I've got mixed feeling here. I love Zach Levi (always did) and his exuberance as a young kid at a pumped adult superhero and Mark Strong is perfect as a scenery chewing super villain.

The part where the kid is adjusting to his new persona as a super hero is precious, particularly when they go to buy beer. That exactly what I would expect from teenagers. Likewise, when they stop the robbery.

But, to me, the movie loses it's gravitas in the climatic carnival scene where everyone becomes Shazam.

Kvn_Walker

Kvn_Walker

Audioholic Field Marshall
We saw it last night! Soooo funny! Really enjoyed its lightheartedness amidst all the "doom and gloom" in most comic book movies these days. I'd put it right on par with Ant Man in hat regard. The cartoon sequence in the end credits where Shazam and Family were trolling the Justice League was priceless.

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
I've got mixed feeling here. I love Zach Levi (always did) and his exuberance as a young kid at a pumped adult superhero and Mark Strong is perfect as a scenery chewing super villain.

The part where the kid is adjusting to his new persona as a super hero is precious, particularly when they go to buy beer. That exactly what I would expect from teenagers. Likewise, when they stop the robbery.

But, to me, the movie loses it's gravitas in the climatic carnival scene where everyone becomes Shazam.
I wasn't a huge fan of it, but the fact is, that part stayed true to the comics.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
A fun movie. And, it seems DC is showing previews as well. Mid credits.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis