Seymour or Silver Ticket AT Screen for “Bright” Room

J

JSP

Audioholic Intern
My home theatre space is in a multi purpose room. When not watching movies it’s also used for watching tv content with some lights on. Even when watching movies, it’s dark, but not a totally dark room because the walls and ceiling are not black. I want to upgrade my current non AT 120” Cirrus screen to an AT one. I have an Epson 6050 and my front soundstage are Paradigm 800fs and 600c. Seating is about 16’ away. I have 2 options - keep a 120” screen size and only put the centre channel behind it, or go with a 130”ish screen and put all 3 speakers behind it. Will eventually add another 800f to replace the 600c. I think I have kind of narrowed my screen choices to -
Seymour Center Stage XD
Seymour Centre Stage UF
Silver Ticket WAB or WVS
I know Silver Ticket is more entry level and less expensive. The colour choice is a question I have. I know most say to go with a white screen, but my current Cirrus one is grey because that’s what I was told would be more appropriate to my room when I bought it. I want weave as I would rather sacrifice a little bit of video quality in favour of audio. I’m looking for thoughts on my screen options and colour. Thanks.

BMXTRIX

BMXTRIX

Audioholic Warlord
I always lean towards a white screen. Grey screens are nice, but once the lights are out, the bit of extra brightness is something I prefer. When the lights are on, you get a bit more punch as well.

I would go with the 130" Silver Ticket WAB or WVS. I would only use the Seymour Screen in a more critical viewing space with a better projector. Both screens are nice, and Seymour is of higher overall quality, but the Silver Ticket screens are still good quality. I have not used the WVS material, but it does appear to be a better white, which should make it more neutral, and perhaps a bit brighter for projection. It also appears like it may be better for 4K content. Once setup though, I'm not sure how much difference one could see between the two materials. I've used the WAB screen a couple of times this year with Epson projectors and they looked really good both times.

J

JSP

Audioholic Intern
I always lean towards a white screen. Grey screens are nice, but once the lights are out, the bit of extra brightness is something I prefer. When the lights are on, you get a bit more punch as well.

I would go with the 130" Silver Ticket WAB or WVS. I would only use the Seymour Screen in a more critical viewing space with a better projector. Both screens are nice, and Seymour is of higher overall quality, but the Silver Ticket screens are still good quality. I have not used the WVS material, but it does appear to be a better white, which should make it more neutral, and perhaps a bit brighter for projection. It also appears like it may be better for 4K content. Once setup though, I'm not sure how much difference one could see between the two materials. I've used the WAB screen a couple of times this year with Epson projectors and they looked really good both times.
Thanks for the info. I’m a little concerned about the image being washed out with a white screen in the room, but I’m starting to think it may be the way to go.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis