B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
For some reason if I play a 4K disc(fury) and push display on the Blu-ray player(Sony UBP-X800) it says 1080 24/p but if I change the disc to the Blu-ray version it says 4K. Not the disc because it does the same for Deadpool 2. I have spent the day on the phone with epson and marantz.one other thing on the 4K disc it says atmos but on my receiver no atmos just neutral x or 7.1 so for a test I downloaded something with atmos and that shows up in the receiver selection. The receiver is a sr 7010 and epson 4010 projector

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
I also hooked up the blue ray player direct to the projector and no difference

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
I also hooked up the blue ray player direct to the projector and no difference
So for the sound part of this, have you selected the Atmos track on the disk menu? Second, when you press the “movie” button on the remote what setting comes up? You might not have it set for the right sound mode. For example, when you repeatedly push(or push once and scroll) the movie button does it give the option of Atmos and dts neural x etc, and is the right one selected?
I’d assume you know what your doing since you got Atmos to work with a different source but I guess but sometimes it’s the least obvious stuff we get stuck on.

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Yeah I select atmos on the disc then on the receiver I push the green button and a list comes up I can choose from but atmos is not one of them

B

bruin62

Full Audioholic
Okay fixed the atmos problem when I did the firmware update or factory reset they told me to do they didn’t tell me to off the BD setting. When I did that I got atmos back and it stopped saying my Blu-ray Disc is 4K. But the ultra 4K disc still says 1080

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis