Setting up two bookself speakers and one center speaker

• Thread starter OM PRAKASH DWIVEDI
  • Start date
O

OM PRAKASH DWIVEDI

Enthusiast
Hello. I am a late enthusiast in my 60's and new to this forum. I have bought Denon AVR x2400H and one Centre speaker definitive Technology CS 8040 HD and two definative technology studio monitor SM45 books shelf speakers. Can anybody guide me how to setup the system in my bedroom with a Soni 42 inch LED TV. Size of the room is 14 feet by 12 feet with 2 doors and 1 window. I went through a lot of website reviews and searches and then decided to pick these 3 speakers and and the AVR. Maybe, at some time later I would go for a subwoofer and two surround sound speakers. But at present I think I may have to go with these only because of some financial crunch. See, I am a retired person and so thrifty a bit, ha ha ha. Now I want to make a start. Please help me sir.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Fortunately, this shouldn’t be too hard. Connect a HDMI cable between the Denon’s HDMI output and a HDMI input on the TV.

In the receiver’s menu, set it for three-speaker operation (i.e. no rear speakers), operating full-range, and no subwoofer. Level match the three speakers and you’re good to go.

Note, receiver’s auto-calibration system should be able to accomplish the steps in the preceding paragraph automatically.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

O

OM PRAKASH DWIVEDI

Enthusiast

Fortunately, this shouldn’t be too hard. Connect a HDMI cable between the Denon’s HDMI output and a HDMI input on the TV.

In the receiver’s menu, set it for three-speaker operation (i.e. no rear speakers), operating full-range, and no subwoofer. Level match the three speakers and you’re good to go.

Note, receiver’s auto-calibration system should be able to accomplish the steps in the preceding paragraph automatically.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Good great Mr Wayne, thank you very much I'll give it a try and please allow me to ask you a few questions after I am done with it, ok.

O

OM PRAKASH DWIVEDI

Enthusiast
Good great Mr Wayne, thank you very much I'll give it a try and please allow me to ask you a few questions after I am done with it, ok.

Hello Mr Wayne. I received my speakers and did as you suggested. However, when I played the TV and then streamed music from my smart phone through Bluetooth, to my frustration I found the centre speaker silent and not playing. The whole system gave me headache and finally I quit and called the day. Any remedy? Just for the context, I have the Denon X2400H, a couple of definitive technology SM 45 and definitive technology CS 8040 HD.
O P Dwivedi

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

I would assume that the center channel would only work with video programming encoded with Dolby Pro Logic or Dolby Digital. The center channel is not supposed to be working for music, which is universally recorded as stereo (two channels). If you want the center speaker to work for music, check to see of the remote has something like a “5-channel stereo” or” party” setting.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Personally, rather than use 5-ch or all-ch stereo modes that simply sum a signal from L/R for the center, I'd rather use a sound mode like Dolby Surround or DTS Neural X modes for matrixing content into the center channel.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis