Setting up Onkyo RZ50 to Record

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Using the attached page of the 696 manual (I could not find a similar page in the RZ50 manual. Except instructions to set Audio, Zone 2. It doesn't say anything about Zone 2 setting you can make. But I actually can. I changed it to A+B and the sound gets too bassy mainly or probably exclusively in the center channel. I do not understand why and it is not the sound I want for my main output. With my old 696, it didn't change the sound that I can remember. Do you think that this unit will not line out for me, before I set up a small two channel system to test it? So far no out to my WIndows 10 Pro laptop that I haven't even powered up for about 18 months since I have had the RZ50. First time attempting to record from this AVR. I checked Windows settings and nothing has changed, nor with my recording program, Audacity. I wonder about the bassy sound and also if I can get it to record. How about the USB port on the cack of the RZ50? I checked and I couldn't get that to output either. @Trebdp83 might know. I know he's very knowledgeable on AVR settings.

Attachments

Last edited:
Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
The jpg with the picture of the back of unit is from the RZ50 manual.

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Spartan
These units weren't designed to send a signal to a recorder like older models but it can be done. So, go into your Setup and go to 2. Speaker, then 1. Configuration. Scroll down to Zone Speaker and select No. Then, go to Zone 2 Lineout and change it from Zone B to Zone 2. Exit the setup. Use the remote controller to select the input source for Zone 2.
Screenshot 2024-09-21 at 11.30.47 AM.png

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
These units weren't designed to send a signal to a recorder like older models but it can be done. So, go into your Setup and go to 2. Speaker, then 1. Configuration. Scroll down to Zone Speaker and select No. Then, go to Zone 2 Lineout and change it from Zone B to Zone 2. Exit the setup. Use the remote controller to select the input source for Zone 2.
View attachment 69605
I did do that first when I had to correct the zone 2 setting as it was greyed out.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
View attachment 69605
Oh wow! That did it. I must have missed something in these steps.
It's great! Thx for the help.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis