K

Khan

Audiophyte
Hello guys,
I need help in setting up my home theater.
I have Bose 601 series 4 standing speakers and Denov AVR-2803. I'm looking for a center speaker and a subwoofer. I'm just not sure what to look for in terms of compatibility since this is the first time I'm setting a HT. Can you please recommend me a center speaker and a sub for under $1000. I have the system in my living room which is open kitchen and staircase concept. It is almost 30' x 30' excluding the front gallery.
Thank you so much.

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
Hello guys,
I need help in setting up my home theater.
I have Bose 601 series 4 standing speakers and Denov AVR-2803. I'm looking for a center speaker and a subwoofer. I'm just not sure what to look for in terms of compatibility since this is the first time I'm setting a HT. Can you please recommend me a center speaker and a sub for under $1000. I have the system in my living room which is open kitchen and staircase concept. It is almost 30' x 30' excluding the front gallery.
Thank you so much.
I'd use all that budget for the sub and run a phantom center. With that much volume you're gonna need a good sub more then a center with your current set-up.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Generallly though for a center you'd want something from the same series as the L/R speakers (which are going to be hard to find) if not an identical speaker. Definitely don't need to worry about sub capability, and possibly duals would be better than a single in such a big space....any way to bump the budget some?

ps capability was supposed to be compatibility....my fingers have a mind of their own sometimes or there is some sneaky auto correct going on?

Last edited:
K

Khan

Audiophyte
Generallly though for a center you'd want something from the same series as the L/R speakers (which are going to be hard to find) if not an identical speaker. Definitely don't need to worry about sub capability, and possibly duals would be better than a single in such a big space....any way to bump the budget some?
For subwoofer sure I can increase the budget by a couple hundred bucks... i was considering SVS pb-1000 but I am just concerned that it shouldn't override the speakers...? Also, I was looking for someone's personal experience of using a sub with 601s since I don't want to change these speakers.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
For subwoofer sure I can increase the budget by a couple hundred bucks... i was considering SVS pb-1000 but I am just concerned that it shouldn't override the speakers...? Also, I was looking for someone's personal experience of using a sub with 601s since I don't want to change these speakers.
Integration of a sub should be rather simple and straightforward with your avr (altho not as good as current Denon models with Audyssey). Overpowering would be possible if you set sub levels too high compared to your speakers, but if you set them up properly, shouldn't be any issue with levels. I'd use a sub with just about any speakers.....the Bose 601 speakers shouldn't have any problems with sub integration of their own (newer Bose acoustimass type modules otoh usually have such bad lower frequency response as to not have a sub be able to match up, tho). Then again perhaps you should listen to something newer (but not Bose) :)

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
As to dual subs, PB1000s would be nice :) Maybe Hsu VTF-2 Mk5s.....both used to be more like $500 subs but now a bit more....

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis