Serious Emotiva Clearance Sale!

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Maybe that's the strategy!

We don't/can't service discontinued products.

Then discontinue products continuously = no service
That's one of the reasons why I don't recommend Emotiva speakers. There is too high of a turnover rate in product lines. If the product was any good, why discontinue it so quickly? and, as has been mentioned, that leads to other problems, like keeping parts in stock. To me, this practice signifies internal problems.

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
That's one of the reasons why I don't recommend Emotiva speakers. There is too high of a turnover rate in product lines. If the product was any good, why discontinue it so quickly? and, as has been mentioned, that leads to other problems, like keeping parts in stock. To me, this practice signifies internal problems.
I have to agree with your logic there.

I think I've asked you about their folded ribbon tweeters before... are they like most ribbons where the image falls apart when you stand up?

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
I have to agree with your logic there.

I think I've asked you about their folded ribbon tweeters before... are they like most ribbons where the image falls apart when you stand up?
A lot of tweeters can do this, not just AMTs. AMT tweeters tend to have narrow vertical dispersion, but they don't have to. A small AMT tweeter can have wider vertical dispersion. The smallest AMT I measured did have wider vertical dispersion, although it was very erratic.

G

Gmoney

Audioholic Ninja
Maybe that’s how they do it by Not having to keep a lot of parts in stock. Seems sell as much as you can than Discontinue in two years of a Product life than after warranty is out Customers are on their own for service.

S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
Maybe that’s how they do it by Not having to keep a lot of parts in stock. Seems sell as much as you can than Discontinue in two years of a Product life than after warranty is out Customers are on their own for service.
There may be other causes. Like short term contracts with Asian manufacturers who raise prices that Emotiva doesn't want to pay. Or maybe Emotiva didn't anticipate certain costs that made those product lines less profitable than they had hoped (possibly involving tariffs...). Or maybe persistent manufacturing problems or supply issues just make it a headache to maintain availability. It may also be that Emotiva just buys supply over runs for cheap, and so can only offer a product as long as the present stock lasts.

Something else that prevents me from recommending Emotiva speakers is that almost everything they offer is 4 ohms. But budget speakers with a 4 ohm impedance doesn't make a lot of sense, unless you were already planning on buying amplifiers that can handle that kind of load. Most speakers in that price range should be made to run on correspondingly priced electronics, and those electronics, which are basically just midrange AVRs, aren't really happy with low impedance loads. So Emotiva's speakers are really a way to just encourage you to buy their amplifiers which is their bread and butter.

Yohansen

Yohansen

Audioholic
Did you get the ones for $189/pr? I've been interested in that whole line for a while now. I've never had an opportunity to listen tho.
No I bought them for 230. Hope they are good

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis