Sennheiser 880s vs Beyerdynamic 1990's

Revelation

Revelation

Junior Audioholic
Has anyone compared these two headphones against each other? Granted the 800s will sound different but if you want a good sound stage with a nice open top end sound without paying the money for the 800s headphones are the 1990s are good option that will get you in the same ballpark, or are they still too different from each other.

tyhjaarpa

tyhjaarpa

Audioholic Field Marshall
Haven't heard either of those but knowing the brands and the the reputation of those headphones both of them should sound really good. Tbh only way to know how you would like them is to audition them personally as some might prefer the other.

Billy106

Billy106

Audioholic Intern
Well I just went thru that process...albeit in the 300ish range I elected the Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro series. Bass was decent but the mids and highs were fantastic to go along with the fit and comfort...ik the 8xx from Sennheiser are on another level...if cost is a non issue they'd be the ones I would've bought...but in my range the Beyerdynamic...just sounded better to me vs. lower priced Sennheiser's and a couple of others I tried out

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis