Sending 5.1 audio from Samsung Q60B to Logitech z906

A

Abiyoya

Audiophyte
I am having difficulty sending the audio of my Q60B (2022) to my Logitech Z906 5.1 sound system.

I bought a Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable (S/PDIF) which connects to the Z906 but is not compatible with the Q60B audio output.

I searched and can't find what the optical audio output format of the Q60B is. Anyone would know this?

The Z906 has inputs in the following formats: Digital Coaxial, Digital Optical (2), 6-channel direct (3 x 3.5mm), Stereo (RCA), Analog stereo-mini (3.5mm

I see that the Q60B has something called eARC for audio (which is supposed to be the best quality) but the Z906 doesn't have HDMI input. So, are there any cables that would be from HDMI to Toslink?

Any suggestions as to how I could successfully connect those two devices so that I can enjoy 5.1 sound would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance

everettT

everettT

Audioholic Spartan
I am having difficulty sending the audio of my Q60B (2022) to my Logitech Z906 5.1 sound system.

I bought a Toslink Digital Optical Audio Cable (S/PDIF) which connects to the Z906 but is not compatible with the Q60B audio output.

I searched and can't find what the optical audio output format of the Q60B is. Anyone would know this?

The Z906 has inputs in the following formats: Digital Coaxial, Digital Optical (2), 6-channel direct (3 x 3.5mm), Stereo (RCA), Analog stereo-mini (3.5mm

I see that the Q60B has something called eARC for audio (which is supposed to be the best quality) but the Z906 doesn't have HDMI input. So, are there any cables that would be from HDMI to Toslink?

Any suggestions as to how I could successfully connect those two devices so that I can enjoy 5.1 sound would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance
Set the TV to output PCM via the optical cable.

A

Abiyoya

Audiophyte
Thanks for your reply!

I can't get that far as I am not able to connect the audio output of my Q60B to the input of my Logitech Z960.
I don't know what cable type I need for the output of the Q60B that coud go into one of the input of the Z960 (even if that would mean trying to get a cable that would have different type of connector at each end).

Any ideas!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
What are you audio output settings in the tv? It should be able to output via the optical cable you got. What happens with the optical cable now?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Is the optical port not on the back of the TV facing back separate from the side facing ports?

T

Trebdp83

Audioholic Ninja
Oh, I think the issue is the optical port on the TV compared to the Logitech port. I thought you couldn’t find it. The TV has a single direction port. It points downward. The Logitech has a multi-directional port and the cable is more easily connected there. Make sure the tapered edge of the cable is pointed downward when connecting to the TV. If that isn’t the issue, my apologies.
878A2F5E-A1D4-49C3-889E-9DCADA52B914.jpeg

D88EEDF3-506F-453A-B053-EA650FD72DBA.jpeg

A

Abiyoya

Audiophyte
Thanks for your replies and help.
I corrected the issue, which embarrassingly shows how much of a newbie I am with all this:
As you mentioned the optical output on the Q60 requires the cable to be plugged "upside-down". And because the Q60 has a protective latch in front of the output, I couldn't see the direction that the cable needed to be plugged. Anyhow, it's all solved now. Enjoying 5.1 sound!
Thanks again for your time and support!
Much appreciated and will certainly pay it forward...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis